cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Fabri
Adept I

DXGI Swapchain on Opengl and Vulkan Games

Please add the abilty to use dxgi swapchain in opengl and vulkan game just as Nvidia has done in 526.47 driver. This would allow:  1) the Fullscreen Optimization (flip model) to OpenGL and Vulkan games, just like the windowed game optimization in windows 11 22h2; 2) Faster alt tabbing; 3) Lower latency and input lag in windowed/borderless windowed mode; 4) Allows OpenGL/Vulkan to use Auto-HDR.

The presentation model can be monitored using PresentMon. The new DXGI layer would appear as Composed: Flip, Hardware: Independent Flip, or Hardware Composed: Independent Flip, while classic methods would appear as Hardware: Legacy Flip (if FSE was engaged) or Composed: Copy with GPU GDI. 

2 Replies

I believe this thread would be appropriate in AMD Forum's Developer Forum OpenGL/Vulkan Forum.

You can open your thread here first to get permission to have access to OpenGL/Vulkan Forum: https://community.amd.com/t5/newcomers-start-here/bd-p/newcomer-forum

shears91tjs
Journeyman III

Hi friend, did they fix this issue? I really want to get an AMD GPU but I emulate my old games and this is very important for emulation with windows auto HDR on, did they manage to add the option to toggle it on yet?

0 Likes