cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wandrer
Adept II

DXGI_error_device_removed @ Spellfore 3 @ AMD RX5700 @ OLD BUG coming back

I get these two in Spellforce 3 (Steam version). And only there. I had the same problem in one of the newer Tomb Raider games some time ago. It was solved by a driver update, which took about 1 year to implement.

Card is a Sapphire Pulse RX5700 8G.

Driver is 20.2.1.

Spellforce is the only game i have which gives these errors so far. I am gonna try the Tomb Raider games again in these days.

(DXGI_error_device_removed) [Create texture failed, size 1472x736 depth:1 format:a8 srgb:no]

(DXGI_error_device_removed) [failed to create pixel shader]

There is a ticket about this bug at the developer bug report community of Spellforce 3 too. 

Bug #39325: Direct X hung when i started to move in the first mission - SpellForce 3 (Community) - T... 

So when will the bug be fixed again.

"And when will it come back again?"

6 Replies
asasas662
Journeyman III

VERY much WAITING, please fix with the new driver#rx 5700 xt#driver bugs#games crahses

0 Likes

Even AMD Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.1 has the same problem. So its no more only a driver problem, as the old driver has the same problem too. It's more of a HW problem now or something how the gfx card works the shaders.

0 Likes
emperor66
Adept I

Radeon Vega 56

Hello, I have the same problem.

Reproducible with the game Arma3.
If I go to the desktop with Alt + Tab and then back again, there is the error.

Now have the following solution.

If I install the latest AMD driver, the error is there.
After I uninstall it again and simply search for the driver via the device manager, everything works.

It's a shame because I can't use the AMD driver and the setting options.

Finally, I have tried all the existing solutions. Nothing helped.
I even reinstalled Windows, but nothing.
The AMD driver shoots everything.

wandrer
Adept II

Problem still exists in 20.2.2 and 20.3.1.

0 Likes
dalroi
Journeyman III

Persists in 20.4.2. Doesn't seem to matter whether all graphics settings are set to minimum or maximum, nor is there a difference between full screen and borderless window. A bunch of DirectX errors pop up about vertices and lost devices.

0 Likes
wandrer
Adept II

I read about problems of the game mode of Windows 10 with newer AMD and NVIDIA drivers, so i'm gonna test in one of these days if disabling it helps.

UPDATE: It doesn't help. Now i installed the debugging tools from the Windows 10 SDK, but i am too tired to check all the crash dumps for common errors. Trying that at a later time.

0 Likes