Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dminhas_Mhealth
Journeyman III

Drivers for Hawk Point Pro (Ryzen Pro 8000 series mobile) seem to be missing

Hi AMDers,

I recently purchased a Lenovo P14s Gen 5 laptop powered by an AMD Ryzen Pro 7 8840HS. When I went to try to find drivers for the processor, the entire 8000 pro mobile series seems to be missing from the drop down of the list of processors. Ryzen pro 7000 mobile drivers are available if i select that so I'm certain I'm in the correct section, but the 8000 pro processors aren't in the search option either. It is a bit disheartening to see products with a processor released while drivers are unavailable to the public. I Tried Lenovo oem drivers but it's an instant crash when i try to play audio over any bluetooth source (amdacpubus.sys bsod).

Dminhas_Mhealth_0-1720102386461.png

Any assistance will be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Dminhas_Mhealth
Journeyman III

Thanks for the reply elstaci.

My problem was probably with the chipset drivers and not the gpu drivers, I just couldn't figure out which package set had the audio co-processor driver and still don't know conclusively.

My solution was to wipe the chipset and GPU drivers installed by the auto detect utility using AMD's cleanup utility and after that, I reinstalled drivers via Lenovo's system update utility which installed the correct set of drivers.

Still very frustrating situation as a whole, and means I can't buy any more hawk point systems unless this gets fixed. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

According to Monkey-CPU the Ryzen 7 PRO 8840HS uses Radeon 780M  IGPU: https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu-amd_ryzen_7_pro_8840hs

Screenshot 2024-07-04 121202.png

By the looks of it, AMD seems to have Radeon 780M drivers (Which came out for the first time in April 2023, I believe) but for GPUs but in the Adrenaline Edition Release Notes for the 7900XT is shows this as being compatible: https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-RAD-WIN-24-6-1.html

Screenshot 2024-07-03 203916.png

It is best to get your Lenovo Radeon 780M driver directly from Lenovo Support download page for your laptop which would be 100% compatible with your laptop's features.

NOTE: You can try and see if this Adrenaline Edition will install and work with your IGPU. Make sure to make a Restore point before installing this AMD driver.

From NotebookCheck.net: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Testing-the-performance-of-AMD-Radeon-780M-760M-iGPUs-with-new-drivers...

Testing the performance of AMD Radeon 780M & 760M iGPUs with new drivers

More performance? Nearly three months after we initially reviewed the new integrated Radeon 780M, AMD has now finally released official drivers for the GPU. We are thus taking another look at the performance of both the Radeon 780M and the less-powerful Radeon 760M using synthetic as well as gaming benchmarks.
Andreas Osthoff, Andreas Osthoff (translated by Zhiwei Zhuang), Published ...

Test systems from HP and Lenovo

This time round, our first test system is a Lenovo LOQ 15 featuring an AMD Ryzen 5 7640HS, a Radeon 760M and two sticks of 8 GB DDR5 5600 RAM. We have previously reviewed the LOQ 15 with the faster Ryzen 7 7840HS. Up next is the business-oriented HP EliteBook 845 G10 sporting an AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS alongside a Radeon 780M. Our review configuration is shipped with a single 32 GB RAM module (DDR5-5600) by default, but we replaced it with two 16 GB Crucial modules (DDR5-5600) for our iGPU testing. The new Adrenalin 23.7.2 driver was installed on both systems. The processors in these two laptops both have a long-duration max power draw of more than 40 watts, meaning the performance of the iGPUs are not constrained by low power limits

EDIT: I would open Support Tickets with both Lenovo and AMD to see if AMD R 780M Drivers are compatible with Lenovo's Mobile laptops or not. 

AMD SUPPORT: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

0 Likes
Dminhas_Mhealth
Journeyman III

Thanks for the reply elstaci.

My problem was probably with the chipset drivers and not the gpu drivers, I just couldn't figure out which package set had the audio co-processor driver and still don't know conclusively.

My solution was to wipe the chipset and GPU drivers installed by the auto detect utility using AMD's cleanup utility and after that, I reinstalled drivers via Lenovo's system update utility which installed the correct set of drivers.

Still very frustrating situation as a whole, and means I can't buy any more hawk point systems unless this gets fixed. 

You should mark you last reply as "Solution" since you fixed the issue by reinstalling the AMD CHIPSET and GPU drivers.

Good troubleshooting by the way.