cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mechapakmei
Adept I

drivers and freesync black flicker

Just to let the AMD driver team know, I was getting black flicker issues with a freesync premium screen.

I updated to the preview driver that enables fluid motion frames on the 6000 series, and my issues where fixed.

I have tested out the last two official drivers, and no, black flickering with freesync turned on are happening again.

It's not a huge problem, I'll just run the preview driver until some better official driver comes along, but still, it astounds me how they always release new drivers fixing issues, only to have old issues RE-occur.

PS I have only tested I few games with the official driver, but in ALL of them flickering was occuring.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Qoojo
Miniboss

Is your monitor a VA panel? In my experience, there is a VA panel lottery when it comes to flickering due to gamma/brightness rapid changes. This was with NVidia. The flickering would change from driver to driver. It's the main reason why I stopped even considering VA panel monitors.

Without seeing the behavior, I cannot say if it is the same or not.

0 Likes

I may have spoken prematurley.  I used amd clean driver install tool, and put the preview driver back on, but the flickering isn't going away

I am going to try DDU, and a few more games.  The only two I've tested with the preview driver back on are halo infinite and CSGO 2

GTA5 and starfield seem to be ok...Ill re-test.

0 Likes
Renner286
Adept I

Yeah, I've also fixed my flickering issues (although not the same kind as yours) with those tech preview drivers.

0 Likes

My issues are with a PHL275M8 monitor, with was sold as "freesync premium".  Shogun 2 total war and starfield are Ok, but not halo infinite, which is the main game I wanted it for (for online play). 

0 Likes