cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DaShen
Journeyman III

Driver? Video Card? CPU Video? Microsoft problem? Which is it!

It has been a long time coming, but I finally jumped on Team Red with both feet and built my first all AMD system with a 7800x3d CPU and an XFX RX7800XTX plugged into a AsRock x670e Steel Legend motherboard, with a triple monitor set-up. Plugged in my two main monitors into the video card and my big screen TV into the on-board video. And then I discovered something that I can't do that was no problem at all with my Intel/nVidia system:

Win+Shift+arrow key can shift windows between my two mains, but NOT to my big screen on the CPU video. It can be dragged across that, but not sent via key command. Can't bring them back once they have been dragged to the big screen. 

Where is the breakdown? Doesn't seem like it is Windows, because it worked on my previous system, unless Microsoft just likes Intel and nVidia more and supports features for them that are not supported for AMD. Can't really blame the video card maker since they are using the AMD driver. So does AMD (external graphics) not talk to AMD (internal graphics? Was this not a tested configuration? Am I doing something wrong? What is done on my big screen is low performance stuff that doesn't need the graphics card's horsepower (showing 30 or 60 fps video at 4K, but my 2 mains need all I can throw at them, so it isn't preferred to plug the big screen into the video card also, though that does resolve this problem. Is there a reason why shared responsibility configuration doesn't work?

BTW, please get rid of reCaptcha. It is not doing what it claims it is doing. gbnews.com/tech/im-not-a-robot-recaptcha

0 Likes
0 Replies