Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

deb1
Adept I

Driver version 22.5.1 - getting version error while starting games

Hello at all, 

I have a problem. I bought the RX 6700 XT some days ago and installed the AMD Driver version 22.8.2

- Some games work. 

- Some other games show me a message, that my driver is not the latest, but I can play the games

- And other games show me the same message and I cannot start the game (for example "Deathloop")

deb1_0-1662200251196.png

Okay, I uninstalled the driver and installed the older version (Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL)). 

Same issue. 

Then I used "Auto-Detect and Install for Windows 10/11". 

Same issue. 

deb1_1-1662200399697.png

My device manager shows this: 

deb1_2-1662200493073.png

My setup: 

- AMD Ryzen 5 5600G (with Radeon Graphics)

- AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus

- 16GB RAM

- Windows 11

Any ideas

Thanks and Best Regards

1 Solution

You will not have more performance if your IGPU is enabled. when you play a game you have to choose between your integrated graphics, or your dedicated GPU. Besides, if your IGPU is enabled, you are allocating system RAM to use it. Disabling it in the bios is the best option in my opinion.

The driver message you are getting is probably because the IGPU is using older drivers than the RX 6700 XT.

P.S: be sure to connect your monitor to the GPU, and not to the motherboard!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
deb1
Adept I

Now I reinstalled Windows to Windows 10 (fresh installation) and used "Auto-Detect and Install for Windows 10/11" for the AMD drivers. 

Then I installed steam and Deathloop.

Same issue. I cannot start the game and have the same error message. 

0 Likes
Mitsui14
Adept II

Maybe a conflict with the r5 5600G Igpu? you could try disabling the IGPU in the bios and see what happens

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Did you use the AMD uninstall utility and reboot before reinstalling 22.5.1?  If you don't run the utility, available on AMD's site, you will have problems.

0 Likes
deb1
Adept I

Yes @hrpuffnstuff , I used "AMD uninstall utility". Thanks. 

I tried another thing yesterday. When I uninstall "AMD Radeon Graphics" from device manager, then it works. I can play without errors. 

deb1_1-1662273088202.png

But this is just a workaround, because Windows do a new install after every reboot. 

So, to disable it in bios, could be a good idea, @Mitsui14 . Thanks. 

BUT, I thought, when I have both graphics from AMD, that they work together for some more performance. 

0 Likes

You need to disable WU driver updates using group edit or it will never stop replacing the driver after you install adrenaline.

0 Likes

@deb1 wrote:

BUT, I thought, when I have both graphics from AMD, that they work together for some more performance. 

No they do not, so do you have your monitor connected to the RX6700XT, if it's connected to the motherboard port could be the reason for the outdated driver message.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

You will not have more performance if your IGPU is enabled. when you play a game you have to choose between your integrated graphics, or your dedicated GPU. Besides, if your IGPU is enabled, you are allocating system RAM to use it. Disabling it in the bios is the best option in my opinion.

The driver message you are getting is probably because the IGPU is using older drivers than the RX 6700 XT.

P.S: be sure to connect your monitor to the GPU, and not to the motherboard!

deb1
Adept I

Of course I connected my monitor to the GPU, since I have it.  

And I disabled the integrated graphics in my BIOS settings, now. This is my solution and it works for me.