Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ErikTheViking
Journeyman III

Driver timeout

Hey guys!

First of all, English is not my native language so please excuse me if my english is not perfect.

My problem started about a week ago. When starting the game, my monitor went black, then after about 10 seconds the image came back and I got the following amd bug report tool error message: "AMD Software detected that a driver timeout has occurred ony your system."

This error occurs more and more every day, now it also occurs when browsing the Internet. My driver is the latest: 24.4.1, the error was already present in the case of the previous version.

My computer is only a few months old with the following specifications.
VGA: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800 XT 16GB GDDR6, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 ram, windows 11 pro, PSU: seasonic focus GX 850 W

I tried installing an older driver, but it didn't work. I installed all windows updates and the error still exists. Very annoying. I reset the shader cache, Disable the Multi-Plane Overlay Using and it's still not good.

What can I do to finally fix it? I read on forums that many people have this problem, but for most people it only happens sometimes, and for me it happens every 5 minutes, even while browsing.

0 Likes
1 Reply
432hz
Adept II

You can try the following:

1. Disable Windows Update from automatically updating drivers. There are guides on how to do this.
  2. Run DISM and SFC to repair any broken Windows core files. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-...
  3. Uninstall your current GPU drivers using DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility in safe mode and try installing the latest version 24.4.1.
  4. If #2 doesn't work, try uninstalling with DDU / ACU again and install an older version like 23.12.1 or 23.11.x.
  5. Verify your GPU Clock Max Frequency isn't set higher than your card's specification. https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/14drw62/comment/ks5obc8/

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes