cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

EnderzShadow
Adept I

Driver Timeout and Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware w/Multiple Programs

TLDR
After installing a graphics driver with a full clean install (of the driver, not windows), I am getting Driver Timeouts and 'Application has been blocked errors.' I had none of these errors pre driver.

/edit -Simplified things.

Thank you

A MUCH  longer explanation and Time Frame of Events. You've been warned

I had no real issues with my pc. It's become a bit slower over time.
I chalked that up to a 6yr old computer that never had a fresh install of windows.
I never had the errors I've described.
I've never had popups or browser hijacks.

I've had three different video cards in this computer without ever removing old drivers.
A mouse got in and ruined my previous video card. It was NVIdia. I replaced it with my current ATI card, got the driver for it. 
Everything played still--all types of games, from Minecraft, Witcher 3, Fallout4, StarDew Valley(dont judge my wife likes it lol)

I was on a bit of a privacy kick. I had installed protonmail instead of gmail, Used Brave Broswer and search engine Instead of Chrome. I was also trying to stop any programs from connecting to the internet (anything I didnt want)

And this is where a friend of mine suggested TRONscript. If you aren't familiar, it basically runs a bunch of virus, malware removal, removes windows telemetry and on and on. There is much more to it, but that's the gist. It cleans up the system. It took, 10-11 hours. And that's common.

When I was done, it was quick, smooth. And then I went to play any game and the games crashed. Tronscript Forums wouldn't even attempt to help.

So I went the 'fix the driver route'. TRON removes so much stuff, I though it was possible it fkt something up. 
Some of those programs are a bit heavy handed. 

And that's when I went and Got this driver.

-I ran DDU in safe mode, cleared out all old drivers etc
-Installed the Driver package
-Restarted
Before opening anything, "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics"
And it gives that error with anything that uses the video card. 
As in, right now as I type this, I get no screen flash, or errors--but if I was watching youtube, playing a game, opening new web pages etc, watching a movie, I would get the errors eventually.

One detail I wonder about....
I bought this computer used, from a very savvy pc enthusiast. 
And its possible he could of had something in it malware/spy on purpose.
I doubt it.

If you read this far, thank you and I'm sorry lol

0 Likes
6 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Yes MSI Afterburner will by default install for Invidia GPUs only.

You have to go into the advance/custom options during a re install of the program to ensure you select for AMD GPUs

Even the MSI Afterburner is heavily optimized for Invidia over AMD and often causes problems similar to display driver conflicts.

Would suggest removing Afterburner since you have adrenaline installed they will conflict with each other. 

Thank you for replying

I uninstalled it shortly after making the post.
While uninstalling there are options to remove settings, which I did.

I restarted, same problems.

Also, I edited the above post 
Curious what you think about the possible malware I mentioned
or if its windows getting in the way somehow.

I am going to go through the steps to fix that possible malware.
And Ill be back

0 Likes

When you first described your issue my thought was rootkit malware or driver conflicts. Thats not a good sign.

You can try free downloads from trusted AVs like Avast Kaspersky or Norton and see if one of the deletes the malware.

Rhere is a chance the malware program has already attached a rootkit to your SSD/HDD core drivers or even in your MOBO BIOS. In that case you could remove the virus but with the rootkit whoever got into your system can see everything you do and have done on that device. 

Advise contacting your bank by land line not cell phone as it may have been compromised as well. Let them know you found a virus on your PC and for them to contact you if any unusual activity starts and to block it when noticed. 

Unfortunately with the things going on presently cyber attacks have greatly increased.

You may have to get a full version aftermarket AV to block these threats. In all tests Windows Security scored average about 70 to 80% effective at best. While most aftermarket AVs scored 91 to 98%. Except for McAfee it was advised to be avoided by all independent testers. McAfee has built in rootkits once you install their AV you can't install any other without fully formatting your storage device and reinstalling windows you can't use the data recovery option either or the rootkit will return.  

0 Likes

In the first post, I edited in a MUCH longer explanation/Time Frame of what I had done
If you're interested in reading it. Please do

I never had these issues until I ran TRONscript. Are you familiar with it?
I ran TRONscript just to clean things up a bit.

Afterwards everything ran smoother, but I was unable to play any games.
I didn't have the above errors described but I did have Error Code 0x800F081F
and dxgi device error hung

Funnily enough, I didn't get the two previous errors and games would run longer before closing.

I thought maybe it messed something up with my drivers since it did so much.
Then I installed the drivers. That's when I had the issues.
Surprisingly, I was able to play the games longer, before crashing.

Why would I have all these problems come up now?
I know it's possible what you described but it does seem unlikely.

I've read people having these same problems with a complete brand New Build, fresh windows, etc.

Last thing, wouldn't I still have at least some the same issues if I use the base driver/onboard video?
Because I have used the base onboard vid, driver and haven't had the issue. Then again it was in safe mode so, eh...maybe Im overthinking this, sorry.

I would just re install windows. (if that would fix it /shrug)
But it just sounds too complicated with having pictures, movies, games

0 Likes

Yeah I'm familiar with TRONscript. 

Got curious about it set up a virtual machine and tested it.

My AV went crazy blocking about 90% of everything it tried to do and shut down the program at 40% completion with a warning about trying to access restricted/encrypted files on your device. My AV labeled the program as a hacking attempt.

Ended up finding 9 different forms of malware 4 rootkits and around 11 different keyloggers. 

Thats the reason I run a 4TB SSD. 3GB partitioned for standard use 1TB Partitioned and full encryption lockdown with admin access only and all remote access blocked  for virtual testing.

If something seems to good to be true it usually is. 

0 Likes

I wonder if those are false positives

Also wonder if you got a legit copy, cause that happens.
I've seen many people  have success with it.
I'm certainly not recommending it.

It's all explained what to do. 
I follow the manual, which its not too tough as most of it is automated.

If anyone runs into a problem and ask for help on the reddit, they hit you with the circular reasoning
"Did you read the manual?"
-Yes I did.
"You must not have understood."
No, I understood them.
"Then why are you having a problem? You aren't experienced enough to use it or you lied and didn't read the manual.. You're going to have to reinstall windows. Thread closed"
-Why is the thread closed?
"We can't help you because you're an idiot that didn't read the manual and this isn't tech support."

They are grade A some of the worst Reddit pricks.

0 Likes