cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

usehername
Journeyman III

Driver rollsback or disappears every PC restart

I downloaded the auto driver installer to update my drivers which works successfully. I mainly did this so i can use GPU encoding within OBS (Open Broadcast Software) as it doesn't make GPU encoding available unless I update the driver as well as install a plugin i found on the OBS forums allowing it to encode with AMD graphics cards. 

Main issue: Anytime my pc turns off or restarts the driver vanishes or turns to an old version or just something is wrong with the install? I'm not sure.

When I try to open "AMD Radeon Software" it tells me that its not supported with my current version and basically I have to use the auto-installer to reinstall the drivers every time the computer restarts in order to get AMD Radeon Software to open without the error message or to show a GPU encoder option within OBS. When the driver goes missing it breaks something within my OBS files, seemingly due to OBS needing a plugin inserted into the files for GPU encoding to work with AMD drivers, and causes me to have to use a backup file of my OBS in order to get the settings back. So every time my pc restarts I have to both run the automatic driver updater as well as fix my OBS. This doesn't occur during the restarts that are prompted by the automatic update software and only occurs during normal restarts or when my laptop dies from lack of battery.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the drivers from disappearing upon restart so I don't have to reinstall it EVERY TIME  I start up my laptop? It's making me not want to shut down my system out of fear I have to keep fixing it over and over and over... Especially since it takes me about a half hour each time and i just don't always have the time available to do it. Please, any help is appreciated!!!

edited the post a bunch of times for clarity on my issue as i really need help here

0 Likes
0 Replies