cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Driver radeon rx460 please help

Please help I have a radeon rx 460 graphics card . it has pleanty of ram, i have installed a SSD , I have 12 ram, I have installed a new powersupply to run the I7 I just put in a day ago, and it did it again, screen went black and had to unplug because it wont shutdown, each time it takes out the software, im at wits end plus a girl and dont know what to do next

0 Likes
5 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Hey there,

We need a little bit more detail to assist you.

When you have all the hardware installed and the PC plugged in and you turn the PC on, does it boot into Windows? or is it a blank screen on boot?

I noticed in a previous thread you were having issues when trying to install the graphics driver.

Which i7 do you have? it might come with integrated graphics so you could take out your RX 460, boot into Windows using the i7's integrated graphics, uninstall the graphics driver, shut down, then insert your graphics card and boot into Windows again and install the latest graphics driver and see if that fixes the issue.

I want to answer so you know I am not ignoring but i may not have time at the moment but it boots to windows after unplugged. and the i7 I will need to look when home but I don't feel its that because it has been doing it over as year, i just keep adding new parts . now I am not good at all the adjusting but I have read about the virtual memory and could it be its not compatible  with my motherboard, but the Tower starts humming real loud before it kicks the driver , ... I hope I can get a answer that would be awesome to have it working, any questions other than i7 i can answer when home and thank you

0 Likes

It has a Intel i7 2600i7 2600i7 2600

0 Likes

Okay so with the RX 460 unplugged, everything works fine, so we've eliminated that it's not a CPU issue.

Now, uninstall the current graphics driver you have installed, I recommend using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) which you can download from here Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.4.9 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum you have to run the tool in safe mode, follow the steps shown here on how to run Windows in Safe mode Start your PC in safe mode in Windows (microsoft.com)

DDU removes any graphics and it's traces on your system, once you run DDU and reboot, download the latest Adrenalin driver from here Radeon™ RX 460 Drivers & Support | AMD

Essentially, we want a fresh install of the graphics driver

Thank you, I will try this, sorry for late reply, Life been crazy. but last night the graphic card got disabled by the operating system, so now I will try this and let you know thank you.

0 Likes