cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

denkiflyer
Journeyman III

Driver not compatible. Driver is already compatible RX580

I have been using an AMD Radeon RX 580 for several years but recently my card has not detected my secondary display and whenever I try to update or rollback driver's using AMD software I get this message:

"The version of AMD Software that you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD graphics driver" 

I visit the link and launch the installed software compatibility tool only to be met by this message:

"The version of AMD Software installed is already a compatible version. Please check if the AMD Display Driver is working correctly."

The only way I've found to fix this issue is by removing all AMD drivers and reinstalling them but then the same issue occurs after I reboot and I have to do it all again. I've looked up solutions but none of them have worked.

1 Reply
gr8ideaman
Journeyman III

I've been dealing with the same exact issue, and here is the fix:

Go to control Panel >>> System (System and Security) >>> Power Options >>> Click on "Choose what the power buttons do" (on the left panel) >>> Click where it says "Change Settings that Are Currently Unavailable" >>> under Shutdown Settings checkmark any option you'd like (if they already look fine, just uncheck and checkmark them back >>> Save Changes.

Go check if the AMD error is gone. It most likely is.

0 Likes