cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

159kami
Journeyman III

Driver functionality

Good day to all! I want to touch on a topic that is extremely important in my opinion. In current drivers, it is not possible to limit the frame rate in applications at the driver level. Although this feature is present in Nvidia graphics card drivers. The need for it is explained by just one example. The Source 2 engine in CS2 does not provide an adequate frame rate limit, that is, if the game can provide 350+ frames per second in hardware, when using the built-in fps_max command, the frame rate will drop down to 230, although if such a limit is disabled, 230 frames per second will not be at all in any place on the map. The use of an existing Radeon Chill mutually excludes the use of Radeon AntiLag, which in turn is used most effectively in scenarios with limited GPU usage. If the community already has ways to find an alternative, please share them with me, since I have not found anything on the Internet. If such methods do not exist, then I want to ask where to turn with such a suggestion to the developers. I thank everyone for their attention.

0 Likes
3 Replies
bluesadam
Elite

You can limit fps at driver level. It is called Radeon Chill. Set min and max value to the limit you want and it works exactly as a frame limiter.

0 Likes

Yes, but I described that it is mutually exclusive with AntiLag. Which is quite necessary.

0 Likes
432hz
Adept III

Gaming > Graphics > Frame Rate Target Control

It's a global setting, not per game. Can be used with Anti-Lag.

Screenshot (33).png

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes