cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Mrrrky
Journeyman III

Driver failing almost daily

A few months ago, after the new driver was installed, fist my older monitor stopped working. Now, whenever I play a game, the computer crashes, my old monitor turns on, but the newer monitor gets weird in a sense that the resolution is not right. Both monitors are just duplicated, and when I go to correct that in display settings, Windows says that multiple monitors are not detected. After I click to open the AMD software I get this message.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 125527.jpg

Then I just update the driver again, my older monitor stops working, the resolution on the newer monitor is corrected, but whenever I play the game, it just crashes again and I have to correct all this again.

Multiple times I've sent a bug report, literally 0 responses from AMD.
I have written an e-mail to AMD, also no response. 

I have Radeon RX 580

0 Likes
2 Replies

What OS, is it Insider or RTM build?

Have you checked OS update history to see if amd driver was replaced?

What report/message did you get from the compatibility tool?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
starvingdrummer
Journeyman III

I'm having the same error message.  It seems to be that Windows update 22H2 is overriding the Radeon drivers with its own.  I've cleaned up with the AMD uninstaller (and DDU), uninstalled the Radeon drivers, reinstalled them, rolled back Win updates to an earlier version, paused updates for 2 weeks, stopped Win driver updates through enabling group policy, AMD bug report, exhausted YouTube vids with all of their "sure fixes" and probably a few more things during the past few weeks, but nothing helps.  Windows will change it back to Microsoft render driver every time I start up.

What can I do or what am I not doing to fix this issue?  I see others get the error message that the original poster has, but no proof of a real solution

Thanks in advance.