cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jitspoe
Journeyman III

Driver crash in atiogl32.dll building GLSL shaders in Godot engine 3 game

I don't have an ATI card, but players of my game are getting crashes while building shaders, and I've been struggling to figure out how to fix it, if I even can. I made a special build of the game that builds shaders one at a time to try to identify the problematic shader, but it isn't consistent. Different people crash on different shaders, and the same person can crash on different shaders depending on how long they wait between shader builds, so it seems to be a timer thing. The crash is in atiogl32.dll, so I'm guessing it's a driver bug.

If anybody wants to try it, the game is Fist of the Forgotten, and there's a demo on Steam. If you right click on the game in steam, go to properties, betas, then select the "debugging" build from the drop down, you can try the build that goes through the materials one at a time to see which one it crashes on.

Also, if anybody knows how to get in touch with the driver developers to report the issue, that'd be a great help!

0 Likes
2 Replies
jitspoe
Journeyman III

It might be worth noting that this crash does not happen with the Linux mesa drivers.

0 Likes

OpenGL problem, post the issue at https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/AMD-Gfx-Drivers

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes