Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rubyriro
Journeyman III

Driver corruption after 2-4 days

Hey guys,

since getting the RX  7800 xt about a month back my driver seems to corrupt regularly.

I mostly notice it if i want to start a game and it doesn't launch properly or at all.
If i then try to launch Adrenaline it says something like "your graphics card driver are not compatible with this version of Adrenaline".

Whenever this happens i have to use the amdcleanuputility and reinstall Adrenaline..
It's getting kind of annoying tbh.

It might be that windows is updating the driver on its own but i don't know how to stop it from doing that.

System:

• Ryzen 5 5600x
  • MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon
  • RX 7800 xt
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
5 Replies
gbuglyo
Journeyman III

I'm having the exact same issue, with an 5700X and an ASROCK RX 7800 XT Challenger. I haven't found a solution yet, except cleaning up and reinstalling Adrenalin about twice a week.

0 Likes

To stop Windows Update from installing Drivers in Windows 10/11: elevenforum- enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2232/ 

See if that fixes your problem if not I suggest your run Chkdsk or run your SSD Diagnostic hardware to check your Windows drive for bad sectors or memory.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

It is a Windows issue. 

Solved: How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Updat... - AMD Community

Windows Update Replacing AMD Adrenalin Drivers? FIX it in 2 minutes! - YouTube

These guides should fix it for you.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Then use DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstall the correct drivers.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
gbuglyo
Journeyman III

Thank you both! The guides worked for me, indeed it was an issue with Windows replacing the Adrenaline driver.