Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

steno
Adept I

Driver controller usb

hi,

hi can't find driver the drivers (asus x670E)

i checked on amd and asus site the chipset driver and install, but not working

asus.jpg

0 Likes
3 Solutions

Needed to translate your Device Manager entries:

Controller di rete = Network Controller

Controller USB (Universal Serial Bus) = USB Controller

Dispositivo sconosciuto = Unknown Device

I would go to Asus Support Motherboard download page and see if they have USB and Network Drivers to install.

If you post the exact Make & Model of your Asus Motherboard I can see if they have LAN/Network Drivers to download.

You can also try installing the latest AMD Chip Set for your X670E Asus Motherboard: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am5/x670e

Have you tried updating the driver using Device Manager?

Delete the drivers in Device Manager and then click on "Scan for new hardware". It should install those drivers again. See if it still has errors showing afterwards.

Under "Unknown Device" post the Hardware ID to see what hardware it is referring to so that you can download the correct driver for it.

Like my example of my Device Manager for my Network Driver:

Screenshot 2023-01-13 143510.png

You can do the same thing for the other 3 entries showing errors if by installing AMD Chip set and your motherboard's Network driver doesn't fix the errors.

View solution in original post

steno
Adept I

ok, resolved!

they were the drivers thunderbolt and wifi intel 
thanks so much

Here is the specs from Asus Support concerning Wifi and Network:

Screenshot 2023-01-17 123224.png

These are the driver that seems to coordinate to all three Device Manager drivers:

Screenshot 2023-01-17 123224.pngScreenshot 2023-01-17 124329.pngScreenshot 2023-01-17 124350.png

If all of the above doesn't work then try using Device Manager to locate and install each driver from your Motherboard's Driver DVD that came with the box.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 124350.png

EDIT: If you keep getting those errors in Device Manager I suggest you open a Asus Support ticket and see if your Motherboard needs to be checked.

8 Replies
steno
Adept I

Up

0 Likes
steno
Adept I

Up

0 Likes

Needed to translate your Device Manager entries:

Controller di rete = Network Controller

Controller USB (Universal Serial Bus) = USB Controller

Dispositivo sconosciuto = Unknown Device

I would go to Asus Support Motherboard download page and see if they have USB and Network Drivers to install.

If you post the exact Make & Model of your Asus Motherboard I can see if they have LAN/Network Drivers to download.

You can also try installing the latest AMD Chip Set for your X670E Asus Motherboard: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am5/x670e

Have you tried updating the driver using Device Manager?

Delete the drivers in Device Manager and then click on "Scan for new hardware". It should install those drivers again. See if it still has errors showing afterwards.

Under "Unknown Device" post the Hardware ID to see what hardware it is referring to so that you can download the correct driver for it.

Like my example of my Device Manager for my Network Driver:

You can do the same thing for the other 3 entries showing errors if by installing AMD Chip set and your motherboard's Network driver doesn't fix the errors.

steno
Adept I

thansk

i tried the chipset driver on site asus and amd, but not work

i tried updating the driver using Device Manage but find nothing

my motherboards :  asus rog crosshair hero x670E

usb.jpg

0 Likes

USB Controller Hardware ID comes out to be this:

Screenshot 2023-01-17 122659.png

Can be Thunderbolt driver or Network driver.

For the Network Controller comes out to this:

Unknown Device comes out to this which seems to be a Thermal sensor:Screenshot 2023-01-17 123224.png

Found this Reddit Forum User asking for the same Unknown Device as yours: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/pd5vlb/unknown_device_hardware_ids_acpiven_cypdev_0002...

Try using Intel own updating driver software to update your Motherboard's Wifi and Unknown Device: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

I use it to update my Asus Wifi & Bluetooth Drivers.

Here is the specs from Asus Support concerning Wifi and Network:

Screenshot 2023-01-17 123224.png

These are the driver that seems to coordinate to all three Device Manager drivers:

Screenshot 2023-01-17 123224.pngScreenshot 2023-01-17 124329.pngScreenshot 2023-01-17 124350.png

If all of the above doesn't work then try using Device Manager to locate and install each driver from your Motherboard's Driver DVD that came with the box.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 124350.png

EDIT: If you keep getting those errors in Device Manager I suggest you open a Asus Support ticket and see if your Motherboard needs to be checked.

steno
Adept I

ok, resolved!

they were the drivers thunderbolt and wifi intel 
thanks so much

At least you won't need to contact Asus Support anymore LoL.

Amazing how much information Device Manager can supply the Users with. Very good troubleshooting feature to use.