cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BrunettesDad
Adept I

Driver 23.9.3 is crashing when I open more than one window

Had an issue after updating to 23.9.3. Was hoping they fixed the issue with 23.9.2. Anytime I open a second window, the screen starts flickering and it starts to slow down the computer. With 23.9.2, the computer would crash completely and would have to restart. I've had to roll back to 22.11.2 since I can't find 23.9.1 in any folder on my computer. Had no issues with 23.9.1 but was hoping these updates would be the ones to work with FSR 3. Been looking forward to this but now I've rolled back too far to use it. Anyone have any idea on what's causing this or on how to fix it without rolling backwards?

R7 5800X3D, TUF B550M, 32gb 3600 MHz, RX6800XT Red Dragon

0 Likes
2 Replies
BrunettesDad
Adept I

Fixed my issue. Tried AMD utility cleaner. That did not work. Tried DDU. That did not work. Was looking through my computer. Found some old Nvidia files and drivers. Ran DDU again but for both brands. Installed new test driver with Fluid Motion software. Having zero issues now and better performance in Dead Space, Dead Island, Destiny 2 and a few others. Cyberpunk is the same as before. So to all the people saying to use DDU, thank you. It did the job, after I found the old drivers/registries. 

Jrueteo
Adept I

Driver version 23.9.3 is experiencing crashes upon opening multiple windows. Users report that the system becomes unstable and unresponsive when attempting to launch more than one window simultaneously. This issue is causing inconvenience and disruption to normal workflow. It is recommended to check for driver updates or seek assistance from the hardware manufacturer to address this problem and ensure a stable computing experience.

0 Likes