Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TrendNation
Journeyman III

Dolby Atmos not working on 6800XT

Greetings all,

Recently i have been trying to get Dolby Atmos to work with my receiver. Unfortunately after tinkering with drivers and settings for days now it just doesn't seem to work. I have Dolby Access installed and have set my output device to Dolby Atmos in the spacial sounds tab. However, my receiver does not recognise the PC as a Dolby Atmos source (and neither does Battlefield 1 with dedicated Dolby Atmos setting or Tidal installed on the PC). 

My setup is the following:
AMD 6800 XT ASUS TUF
AMD 5800X CPU
Marantz Cinema 50 receiver
LG OLED C2 TV

Note that the video output from the graphics card is connected to a HDMI input of the receiver, which is then forwarded to the TV. The exact same issue persists if i connect the GPU directly to the TV and use Earc for sound.

Please help as this problem is driving me nuts at this point.

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies
probain
Journeyman III

Similar thing for me,

Tried with a brand spanking new 6750XT. And Atmos would not work. Since my PC is 80% HTPC, Atmos is absolutely a deal breaker. And instead of trying more than two days trouble shooting (tried absolutely everything except full reinstall). I returned the card. This was very disapointing, since I was really looking forward to finally be able to ditch Nvidia. But alas, 'tis was not to be.

Popped my 1080ti back in, and it was back to a working imediately.

GPU-HDMI -> SoundBar -> LG-TV

This is a driver issue. But I don't buy products based on future promises. So there is no telling if/when this will be fixed.

But if you get it working. Please update this thread. Since I am hoping that it does get fixed.

probain
Journeyman III

Just checked another thread

https://community.amd.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&fi...

CVZone writes:

"ATMOS Support can be restored with AMD HDMI Audio Driver from the 21.5.1 driver package. After this release no HDMI Audio driver works with Dolby Access App. This is cleary an driver fault."

0 Likes
Remekra
Adept I

I'm having similar issue with 7900 XTX.

When I enable Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre I just get an error that it Cannot be enabled.

Tried everything, DDU drivers, disabling on board audio in Bios, different HDMI cables.

Raised a support ticket with AMD.

Is it possibile to install just the HD Audio driver from older driver without installing the whole thing?

0 Likes
Remekra
Adept I

Downloaded the 21.5.1 driver and unpacked it, then manually from device manager installed the HD audio driver but that did not help

0 Likes
Zerogoki
Journeyman III

same problem with my 6800xt card

with nvidia it works but not with amd.

Amd should be faster on this issue

0 Likes
supernikbot
Adept I

Of course I had the same issue.

MSI B550 Tomahawk

AMD 3800XT

AMD 6750XT

Vizio 512-H6A ATMOS Soundbar\Speakers

SAMSUNG Crystal UHD TU8000 TV

Tried every combination of Windows 10\11, HDMI Cable configuration, 10 different Drivers, APO, etc.

I play games sure, but I also watch a ton of movies and have some equipment specific to movies.  

Plug my GTX 970 in for giggles and of course it works without me even installing anything but the card.

I've scoured the internet much like you guys to no avail, so frustrated I just bought a Nvidia 3060Ti and this card is now installed as a paperweight in my living room.  

Update: it doesn't work as a paperweight, its got too many sharp corners.

0 Likes
atmosphere
Challenger

Just to be clear,.. quite possible that it also could be a bad hdmi cable, windows speaker setting or corrupted driver setting(s).

If at anytime (except before AMD driver setup) you had the default windows driver, or have onboard audio enabled as well, that has a big chance to bug-out. 

If possible:

uninstall or disable onboard,

clear amd audio driver, and tidal or other enhancements.

Reinstall running as admin starting with AMD HDMI audio. (If you know how: log with procmon and check for access denied on reg keys)

Test, setup next, test, .. repeat

HDMI ... not all are equal, and a lot fail when tested at maximum rated spec. (Eg.: NV uses a (lossy) compressed format, for image-stream .. AMD does not, and thus needs a better cable (slighty higher color-reproduction is the upside btw)

Lol, i dont use dolby atmos myself.. something with $10 license from windows store not agreeing with me. Though thats a whole other issue.. 

0 Likes