cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Sanded
Journeyman III

¿Does anyone with an AMD laptop actually have RSR working with 22.7.1?

The 22.7.1 driver release notes include this statement: "Radeon™ Super Resolution - Expanded support for discrete Radeon™ RX 5000 and 6000 series GPUs on AMD Ryzen™ processor notebooks with hybrid graphics."  However, as an owner of a notebook with an AMD processor with hybrid graphics, I can definitely say that updating to 22.7.1 definitely did not enable use of RSR.  It still doesn't show up as an option in the Adrenalin software.  

Does anyone with an AMD laptop actually have this working for them?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anatadaephobe
Journeyman III

Not me. My Dell G5 SE doesn't show the option even with my 4k tv connected.

0 Likes
gonkbous
Journeyman III

not me. asus rog strix g15 ADVANTAGE

0 Likes
CN50
Adept III

@Sanded 

Yeah it's enabled on my system  but I'm using 22.5.1  as I could not get the updated versions to even open on my system

0 Likes

@CN50 what laptop do you use if i may ask?

0 Likes

@gonkbous

I upgraded the ram to 32 from 16 with corsair

ASUS ROG STRIX - G713QM  (2020)

Processor :AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics

Video Card :AMD Radeon  Graphics

Video Card #2 :NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU

Operating System : Windows 10

RAM : 32 GB  1TB SSD

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

much like checkerboard rendering CXR i believe it was, or other upscaling methods like BOOST or VRR or AUTOMATICHDR you can just create a registry key in hkeycurrentuser as an expandable string and type it in.

You should do so in fact.

But in order to use super  resolution its not so simple as there's probably 50 different kinds of super resolution

the playstation 3's super resolution which uses supersampling and supertessellation and render resolution of maybe millions or billions or whatever. Then theres virtual super resolution, where if your screen goes to 1080p you can game in 4k and have the 4k fit inside the 1080p display because ordinarily resolutions beyond what your screen can do arent selectable. But its actually used together with playstation 3's super resolution as a combination. just use your phone thats maybe 1080p or 4k at best to watch a youtube video thats 8k. thats doable but with 3d its not normally the case probably because of nvidia and intel im guessing but what do i know? theres other types of super resolution too, such as FSR and RSR. then theres FIDELITYFXSUPERRESOLUTION2.0 which importantly makes model details, more detailed? and improves texture quality so say you've got grass that looks short like carpet in your game, enable fidelityFXsuperresolution2 and suddenly you've got grass thats up to your characters waist that parts and bends and flattens as they walk through it in your reality simulation. (reality simulating is a very real AMD thing by the way) you can also use TRUERESOLUTION, or historyresolution or finalresolution or renderresolution or texture resolution. Best of all instead of using super often the words ULTRA work. you see back in the 60's and 70's when AMD was around doing all your latest greatest nvidia stuff thats become free because no longer copyright or open sourced by AMD and handed to third world universities as educational material for free, there was this stuff called PHOTOGRAPHY and PHOTO NEGATIVES and FILM REELS and if you look at camera standards and specs and film reels and film specs, you see words like Super60 or 70mm film and 1/3frame sensor or full frame sensor being a super camera sensor or an ultra one. So you see the words like PRO on lots of photography stuff too, what they mean is 4K/6K/8K. so with your AMD computer since like the 60's you could use truelight ray tracing ray marching and ray casting and with pro/super/hyper/ultra/max and even some of the crazy expensive AMD and samsung and possibly sony INFINITYDISPLAY INFINITY technology. yep infinity is an AMD thing.. super computers being infinite and all that.. performing infinitely better than cheap intel and nvidia calculators pretending to be computers and more recently cheap intel and nvidia and apple much older MOBILE PHONE CHIPS pretending to be computers. so try in place of super using HYPER or ULTRA. have fun with it.

Also you should ABSOLUTELY NEVER EVER need to use upscaling with your octillions of renderresolution on AMD anything in the last few decades in general though for the OS 4k to 8k or whatever it might be worth it but you cannot resize or rescale you must do it imagequalitysize2 or rendersize or renderscale or something. You should also never ever need to because if you enable reality simulation and you try to rescale or resize it simply does strange things to the atmosphere and maybe makes it harder for your game people to breathe and stonework and some items would look funny like the textures were enlarged?! though they arent. 

if you've the cheapest of computers and say didnt want a 50% faster x570 board and got a b550 board instead and cheaped out on everything completely or just using onboard APU or something which the OS seems to limit to 30fps.. when my LG V60 phone games about the same as my 5700xt. you may consider RSR as an okayish way to boost FPS. but i wouldnt rely on it to boost resolution.

you see playstation 3 had support for the resolution of shockingly high millions or billions to allow for details quality at the resolution of skin cells sweat and true hair and fluids. So Smoke should look like smoke when doing a 3d simulation on playstation 3. Titles like dead or alive 6 had sweat and tekken 7 depending on how fast you kicked and jumped in the match and did more combos it tired them out sweaty but it may have also been more in the DESERT climate map stages on ps3 it also had the sort of skin look but people like nvidia cripple that stuff. To enable it you must enable EQsupersampling in a large amount like maybe 16x or 32x or more i like 32x maybe? or was it 128x? then you also require 64x tesellation maybe a number of times.. 1024xtessellationxinfinity or whatever is good. The latest greatest of nvidia gamedoesntworks titles such as cyberpunk2077 and baldurs gate 3 are actually finally releasing in about playstation 3 quality graphics as ps2's ray tracing and maybe ps2's ray marching and ray casting are possible finally on nvidia after they pulled it from the market with the 90's voodoo3dfx which used licenced AMD chips technology designs. nvidia never really invents a single thing and keeps it off the market for decades or waits till its 20 to 50 years old before trickling some poop out their rears that smells fresh but is actually really really old and they sell it back to you for many many many times the price. almost the same price as the true military hardware supercomputers offered cheap to the public by the government as its their job to do so. 

Point is.. cyberpunk and baldurs gate 3, are finally able to have proper smoke levels of resolution and details when i try to pretend my AMD card is performing as its spec sheet says it should. but lots of 60's alarm clock and cash register and bank teller casio watches microwave oven code used by nvidia and intel coz their techs frigging super ancient is really holding back the entire operating system. you can only try and force everything to be rendered in vulkan renderer and hope for the best i guess?

0 Likes