cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MrPardios
Journeyman III

DNS failure with GPU Tuning

I am having issues with GPU Tuning and system DNS. I have tried everything, uninstalling drivers with DDU, with AMD cleanup... Updating network adapter drivers, changing system DNS, changing router DNS, resetting CMOS battery, even reinstalling windows some time ago but nothing works. These days i was having Baldurs Gate 3 problems to download mods so i begin to test... Some hours later i am 100% sure that the issues i am experiencing is because GPU Tuning. I can't play helldivers 2, download mods on Baldurs Gate 3 and more. It must be some weird interaction between GPU tuning, DNS and steam services or something like that. Turning off the GPU Tuning and the issue goes away, even starting the game with GPU Tuning and turning it off mid game solves the problem for me.

I can't even use lossless scaling on youtube, or VLC SMB videos because the playback suddenly stops.

I have 7900XT and the 24.8.1 Drivers but i am having these issues from long time ago. Don't know whats going on, some driver version seems to work fine, this one it isn't. I can't play any online games...

Feel free to ask for more information, i have already reported this bug with Bug Report Tool... But i am getting tired.

GPU Tuning ON. Baldurs Gate 3 mod downloader in backgroundGPU Tuning ON. Baldurs Gate 3 mod downloader in backgroundGPU Tuning OFFGPU Tuning OFFGPU Tuning appliedGPU Tuning appliedWindows Event Viewer, DNS IssuesWindows Event Viewer, DNS Issues

0 Likes
6 Replies

Have you tried fixing the ',Net Runtime' error, there is an OS repair tool or try SFC & DISM commands.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Don't think so, but I reinstalled windows several months ago and the issues persisted. Will do now though.

0 Likes

I am back, did both commands:

sfc /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The first one reported some corrupted files and succesfully repaired them.

After a reboot lets say now I "can" play online games but I don't believe is fixed at all, this has happened to me before... Apart from drivers version not even all boots are equal. I have this kind of issue from long time ago, some days it just works while anothers don't and i don't know why. This time the online is working (tested in helldivers 2) but in a network speed test I get 85% reduction while steam is running in background, with no DNS event error being logged. The .net runtime error is still here while playing baldurs gate 3, don't seem to be related. Also the "application error" just above is also LarianLauncher.exe.

Just in case this is the runtime error:

Screenshot 2024-09-14 113520.png

As I said I don't believe this is fixed completely and if in the near time I get the same network issues I am come back here. Something still feels off with GPU Tuning, DNS and Steam Services.

This issue seems to be likely intermittent. If there is some way to retrieve boot logs or something like that the next time it happens to me i will be glad to share them.

Thank you though, till next time I guess.

0 Likes

GPU Tuning ONGPU Tuning ONGPU Tuning OFFGPU Tuning OFF

And... again. Not working anymore. 

I guess from now on i will have to do sfc and dism command every a few days

0 Likes

You have a problem the game launcher '.Net', check with game dev support for possible fix.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I don't think so, the failures are system-wide and not only Baldurs Gate 3. I have it also on Helldivers 2 or even any internet browser.

If I try to navigate the internet while playing ANY game, the best I lose 90% speed, the worst "DNS resolution error" pops up.

Another example is using LossLess Scaling (bought in Steam). Using it to interpolate YouTube videos, the buffers run out and I get playback issues. Is 99% related because the boots I don't have problems with online gaming I also don't have it while using lossless scaling. 

I am sorry to repeat myself but all these issues get fixed by disabling GPU Tuning. And is system-wide, not just Baldur's Gate 3. 

Weeks ago i had trouble playing Cod Black Ops 6 beta due to the same issues.

Adding more, I know is not game specific because not all boots are equal and not all driver version (though reinstalling doesn't work). I have this problem from long time ago but some driver version works better than others. 

0 Likes