cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kronik
Journeyman III

Directx error in Warzone 3

Ranked resurgence came out a few days ago and I genuinely can’t play more than 3 games in a row without my game crashing, never had problems like this until the recent mw3 update. Any help or fixes? I can’t revert to old drivers as I don’t have any installed previously (I wiped my pc)

27 Replies
mike-p
Adept III

same issue for me,

i also tried many different things without any solution so far.

- different graphic driver version ( also modded community driver) didnt help

- trying directx reinstalling

- re downloading the complete game

- different vram goal settings ingame

- limiting fps to 144

- turn of undervolting / OC

- turn of ram OC

- turn of CPU OC

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

Warzone is very sensitive to CPU, GPU OC and UV. But if you say you removed OC and UV, you can try it reset shader cache in adrenaline graphics option.

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
devinmb2007
Journeyman III

I am having this same problem. I have tried with 23.11.1 driver and 24.1.1 and still have the same issue. 

0 Likes

Yeah me too, did you find a fix yet?

0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

Can u write your pc Specs?

Someone here with intel cpu + amd graphic and has the problem

Or just amd cpu + amd graphic combination is the problem?

Did someone test to deactivated Re size bar?

0 Likes

My specs: Ryzen 5 7600x and rx6800xt

i have also tried turning off rebar in bios along with old drivers and new drivers. Everything still makes me crash in modern warfare 3 ranked resurgence.

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

I have Rx7900gre and Intel i5 13600k, yesterday I played over an hour of warzone and had no problems.

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
greggunzswole
Journeyman III

I have a 5950x cpu and 6950xt and have had the same issue since season 2 update. I’ve done just about everything. Even a fresh windows install no luck. Hope maybe someone or cod and amd resolve the issue.

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

It's better to write to activision support.

https://support.activision.com/options

0 Likes
jayglo
Adept I

Use DDU to uninstall the actual drivers and then install AMD Adrenaline 23.11.1 november drivers.

elcidmaroc
Journeyman III

Same  issue here, have latest drivers 

13400f

Gigabyte b760m

rx 6700

32gb 4000mhz

win11 pro

0 Likes
PORTUanis
Journeyman III

Same problem very often, since always.

Rx 5700xt

Ryzen 5 5600x

32 gb RAM 4600mhz

0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

3 weeks ago and i still have the problem with directx error...

no solution so far..

- did someone try minmal install driver version?

- and did someone try 23.7.2

- can also someonetry to put ingame setting "tesselation" to near

0 Likes

I’ve found out that my 6700XT now is working only with a -10% downclock. Weird. Anything higher gives me directX error in Warzone and also VRAM error during the test with GpuZelenograd. Is it possible that the new drivers has damaged the card? Note that I’ve always used it with stock clock and never for prolonged sessions. 

0 Likes

I have testen 23.7.2, i got directx error twice in 1 game... even worse then the 24.1. Driver.

Now i try the 24.2 with minimal Installation.

@jay.gloin i tried to lower my clock around 200mhz it doesnt help. Still getting directx error...

The question was did activsion change with season2 patch that everyone with amd gpu geht's directx error 

0 Likes

my 6700XT is working only with a downclock and 23.11.1 drivers. I've as well replaced the thermal paste and adjusted a custom fan curve in order to lower the temperature. Now is pretty stable at 70c, before was 85c.

0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

My card is always at 56c i dont have a temperature Problem...

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

On my computer Warzone on RX7900GRE runs without problems.
I tested on drivers from February as from January.
It is important to set the vram usage in the game settings to 65 , then it works best for me . The vram usage is then at 12.5 GB but works best.

0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

i tried the februar driver with minimal install.

stil getting directx error on rebirth ranked...

any one has a solution??

0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

This directx error seems just a Problem for 6**** series? Or does anyone with 7**** has the problems

0 Likes

I get it on my 7900XTX on every driver AFTER 23.1.1 from November.  The second I remove new drivers and go back to 23.1.1, everything works great.  They did something to the driver package and seem not that interested in telling those of us having the issue what to do... I'm seriously thinking of trading in for a 4080.

0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

Hi

I Switched back to the November 2023 driver 23.1.11

Seems to be the most stable one. Also Switched vram goal from 60 to 65 ingame

I also restarting the game after every 2-3 round.

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

I played for a long time without any crashes, I turned on FSR 3.0 and after 10 minutes the game crashed. I recommend playing natively.

0 Likes
M_1_c_4_i
Journeyman III

Got his error sometimes, when my msi Afterburner settings are too high. DirectX error and then must download again 70GB~. With stable settings i dont get this error. You can use there OC-Scanner for OC.

My Card was an GTX 2080 Super, and Processor is an Ryzen 5700X.

0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

seems to be fixed.

i went back to november 2023 driver and vram goal 65..

1 week now without directx error

bluecap
Journeyman III

Hi,

I had the same error (DirectX error in Warzone 3 and ranked). Thanks to this topic, I solved it. I reinstalled an old driver (23.11.1) and that worked for me.

First, download the driver (https://www.amd.com/fr/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series/amd-radeon-rx-690...  Then, use amdcleanuputility (DDU) to do a clean uninstallation of your driver. After this process, you can run the installation of driver 23.11.1.

Before this, I tried a lot of things (with XMP, -dx12, with and without OC, ...), and the driver was the only change that had an impact.

My actual settings are:

- XMP activate

- force steam to use DirectX 12 for CoD (with -dx12 in the setting of the game in steam)

-  OC of my graphic card: (+20% power supply, 2400 MHz VRAM, 2630 MHz Speed Clock Min. and 2780 MHz Speed Clock Max., 1150 mV, and manage the fan for good cooling)

- Switch ON the little cursor on the GC and plug 2 cables PCIe to the power supply

- run steam as admin also for cod.exe and sp23-cod.exe

- disactivate  full screen optimization for cod.exe and sp23-cod.exe

-  Authorize cod.exe and sp23-cod.exe in firewall

- optimal performance for the power supply in windows settings

- Deactivate game mode in windows settings

I think I forgot anything.

My actual configuration : 

- MSI PRO B760-VC WIFI

- AMD RADEON RX 6950 XT (XFX)

- 16Go x 2 (6000MHz CL 30) - Corsair

- Intel Core i5-13400F

- MSI A850G 850W 80+ Gold

- Windows 11 Pro

I hope this will help somebody here, really.

0 Likes
Sansey
Journeyman III

0 Likes