cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Eluor
Journeyman III

diarrhea fps to stuck at 30

So, I play this game, Tales of Wind (https://tow.neocraftstudio.com/en), which happens to have a PC client.
Thing is, everyone else has to literally lock their fps to 100 and something because this game fps flows like diarrhea, while for me it gets stuck at 30fps.

Strange enough, it doesn't start locked in 30fps. It just decides that it is going to do so when it finishes loading and pop up the Log In screen, with sound, etc.

All other games work perfectly fine. I never had any other issue with anything else, it is just this solely game that manifest this horrendous behavior with the pc client and only at this machine.

I tried all common solutions that require a below average intelligence, like going through AMD software options commonly known for causing similar problems and not that common too, changing power profiles, reinstalling (even switching) OS, changing peripherics, forcing some command lines in the app's .exe file, switching display rate in the monitor, in-game options, contacting developers (aside from common problems with v-sync - it is unheard of), etc... all drivers are updated... But, nothing worked. And, unfortunately, this is as far as my average brain goes. 

left pic shows fps while loading, right pic shows fps after loading (during log in screen)

loading 1.pngloading 2.png

This machine specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600af;

5500 XT 8gb;

16gb ram ddr4@2133hz;

b450m;

asus vg27v (hdmi)

Thanks, in advance.

0 Likes
0 Replies