cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

walkmanti
Adept I

Destiny 2 extremely long loading times (Vega 56)

Hello, i'm experiencing extremely long and odd loading times on Destiny 2, we're talking from 3 minutes to 10 in extreme cases. Sometimes after a really long load i'll get unplayable stuttering until a restart the game. I read that there were some issues with amd gpu's and destiny 2 in the past, wondering if that's the case. The game's installed on a sabrent rocket nvme, got a 100mbps internet connection, a ryzen 3600, 16gb of 3600mhz ram, i'm kind of at a loss here. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Tried clearing the game cache?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Tried clearing the game cache?

0 Likes
edwjohn3
Journeyman III

I am having this exact issue.  I have a Vega56 and just upgraded from an Intel i5 3570k to a new build with a Ryzen 5 3600.  As part of the upgrade I installed the newest 20.2.2 Adrenalin drivers.  Destiny 2 now takes minutes to load on initial launch, or will play audio but only display black screen.  Alt-tabbing out of the game in full screen mode and then switching back to the game also results in a black screen and eventual crash to desktop.

0 Likes

Clearing the shader cache and steam's download cache seems to have solved or at leaste helped with the long loading times, you might try the same. I do have blackscreens, sometimes when i launch the game i have to alt tab a couple of times in order for it to work. If i alt tab frequently the game'll get stuck on a blackscreen and eventually crash, same as you.