cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

InnerConflict
Adept II

Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure

No RGB Software, clean win10 install. Only got steam. logitech G-hub and my audio driver on startup. High quality DisplayPort Cable I never had an issue with. All i do in wattman is undervolt by -80mV from 1200 to 1120. Nothing else. PowerColor Red Devil RX6950XT. AMD Ryzen 5800X Stock. BIOS stock. fTPM off, SecureBoot off. SAM on. Wattman reset happens even with just -20mV i wanna add. It´s not that the chip can´t handle it.

That´s it. and the settings get restored randomly once a week when I reboot the PC or coldstart it. I just think it has to be some driver/windowsbug...... otherwise I might switch to using msi afterburner for undervolting again. seems most reliable. I know it´s not hardware related since it happens on a friends Intel Core i7 2600, DDR3, RX480 too. different driver versions. It´s been happening for the entire driver lineup of 2023, even 2022.

Only hardware I switched was the PSU. Had a 10year old+ Corsair AX760i and decided to get something fresh. So I got a Seasonic Prime GX Gold 1000W. It´s certainly not the power supply.

0 Likes
5 Replies
jd63636
Adept III

My PC is doing this daily. when I turn my PC on!  I am not overclocking the 7700X or the 7800XT Red Devil. No RGB software, fast start up turned off in windows power settings, no new hardware other than the 7800XT and i used DDU clean and shut down before I installed it. I have followed every trick posed on these forums to no avail. The only thing I have not done is another fresh Win 11 install. This is frustrating beyond measure.

Ryzen 7 7700X | MSI RTX 4070Ti Suprim X| Gskill Flare X DDR5 6000 | MSI X670E Pro Carbon | Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm | Lian Li Lancool III | Corsair HX1500i |4,140mm Lightwings 3 Fans
0 Likes
jd63636
Adept III

Not sure how I missed this article but this explains what i am experiencing. Nice job AMD/Microsoft, ya knobs!

https://videocardz.com/newz/windows-11-update-may-reset-amd-adrenalin-gpu-driver-settings

For now I have set up a individual profile for WoW that does not reset and loads when I launch the game.

Ryzen 7 7700X | MSI RTX 4070Ti Suprim X| Gskill Flare X DDR5 6000 | MSI X670E Pro Carbon | Bequiet Pure Loop 2 FX 360mm | Lian Li Lancool III | Corsair HX1500i |4,140mm Lightwings 3 Fans
0 Likes

yeah, but its win11. many who experience the issue are also on win10. and it talks about the entire driver factory resetting in a sense, including gameprofiles, its just wattman for me and others. maybe its related to a windows update even for windows 10. who knows.

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

I experienced the same thing months ago, and gave up. I used afterburner instead. I doubt it was the new piece of junk that MS is adding to windows.

0 Likes
jd63636
Adept III

Oh, don’t get me wrong, the Radeon software is complete POS and random resetting of preferences has been part of life although I don't remember any issues with my Red Devil 5700XT. However resetting every time, I turn my computer on is a drastic change from occasional and random so I am guessing there is some validity to that story. Guess I will just run DDU and do a driver only install and run Afterburner. At least I know that will run without issue.

0 Likes