Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Niktodt1
Journeyman III

Cyberpunk 2077 - broken Pathtracing?

Hello guys,

I'm experiencing a strange issue in Cyberpunk on my RX 6700 XT. In Pathracing mode. street lights, headlights and other lights don't produce any light. Neons, ads and sun work as they should, reflections also work.

I completely reinstalled the game and also Windows. Installed drivers properly with DDU and offline so Windows Update doesn't screw them like it always does. So SW should be fine.

All of my components, except the PSU (no symptoms of it failing) are under warranty - so HW is probably fine.

I compared it to my RTX 3050ti laptop GPU that does Pathtracing properly and here are the screens for comparison: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LwxpGfNeLYB_SsQGzQo0o9VViWjbFc0Q?usp=sharing

I suspect it might be drivers. Does anyone else have or know anything about the issue? I mainly want to use PT in Photomode, but without lights it's completely unusable.

Thank you in advance for help!

My system:

CPU: i3-12100F

GPU: RX 6700 XT

RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury CL16 Beast DDR4 3600 MHz

MOBO: Asus Prime B660M K4

SSD: 1TB Samsung 980 EVO

PSU: Evga Silver 500 W

0 Likes
1 Solution
Niktodt1
Journeyman III

I managed to fix my issue after getting help from CDPR directly.

I had to downgrade my driver to version 23.8.2

All later versions, including the latest  23.12.1 have this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Niktodt1
Journeyman III

I managed to fix my issue after getting help from CDPR directly.

I had to downgrade my driver to version 23.8.2

All later versions, including the latest  23.12.1 have this issue.

0 Likes
Fa3242
Journeyman III

I can confirm I have the same problem with a 6650 XT. Apparently it affects all 6600 and 6700 models. I rolled back to 23.8.2 and it's much better, but still not perfect. There are multiple post on CDPR forum and Reddit. I really hope they add a fix in the next driver release.

0 Likes