cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

davarganator777
Journeyman III

Crossfire Support: GPU1 Max Utilization, GPU2 No Utilization

I have two Radeon R9 270x GPUs mounted to a crossfire compatible motherboard (Tomahawk max MS-7c02), with crossfire enabled through the two GPUs. When benchmarking and gaming, the utilization on GPU-Z is showing 99% utilization on GPU1 and 0% on GPU2.

The PCIe ports for GPU1 and GPU2 are PCIex16 3.0@ x16 and are identical, and I have a crossfire bridge attached between the two GPUs. I don't notice any significant increase in FPS using crossfire. I actually have noticed it gets worse in most modern games. 

How do I enable both GPUs to be working together? 

Attached are GPU Z Records for both GPUs

1.PNG2.PNG

0 Likes
2 Replies

Most modern games do not support multiple GPUs, and any games which does can have anywhere from <0% to >90% scaling, so what you are seeing is completely normal operation, especially considering your "Crossfire compatible motherboard" is only rated for x16 3.0 / x4 2.0.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX/Specification

Also, remember Crossfire is officially dead, and your GPUs are quite old and, while on the lower mid range side when they were released, they are extremely slow by modern standards, so when GPU prices stabilize and hopefully plummet from this "new normal", you would be wise to look into upgrading to a new, single card.

Agree with @black_zion ,I Ran crossfire for years,but finally dropped it in March 2019 when I began a new upgrade path,the same time I finally went to W10.

Crossfire and SLI have both been dropped,it works here and there,but support has been dropped as BZ said.

0 Likes