cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

OneGreenSole
Journeyman III

Crashing randomly (R5 7600/6800XT)

When I boot into games that are somewhat demanding after about 5 or so minutes my game crashes. I don't have any spike in temps (they also are always at no higher than 75 degrees), my power usage is about 200 - 100W below what my PSU can supply, and my graphics card and cpu aren't even at full usage.

Specs:

R5 7600
6800XT
MSI Pro B650-P Wifi
32GB of 6000mhz ram (clocked at 4800mhz so I can actually get passed bios)
750W PSU (Corsair RM750e 2023)

I've tried updating all drivers and windows which hasn't worked, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my ram, I've tried clocking my cpu down since it is always going at like 5.3Ghz straight out of the box all of the time using the power usage trick since the bios seemingly won't let me manually clock it which brought it to a little below base clock and then caused my whole pc to crash sometimes instead of just the game. 

While I'm here I want to also mention that my AMD PSP 11.0 Device isn't working along with a whole hub of my USBs that now just says "Unknown USB Device (Configuration Descriptor Request Failed)". This PC I built has had a hell of a lot of issues and I don't even think it was because I built it wrong, so please help me out here.

I also tried downloading the Ryzen Master Application but no matter how many times I try it always fails to launch and says to reinstall it, which I have done over 11 times. Finally, Adrenalin has stopped working after the latest update, so now I can no longer view all my statistics without a 3rd party software.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, I think first you can try updating the motherboard BIOS. Since you mentions AMD PSP error, could be signs of the BIOS issues. Also since that you are unable to get POST with the actual RAM speeds. Most games have trouble keeping when the RAM or CPU speeds are unstable too.

When you said demanding games, like which uses Unreal Engine? You can also check the power-plan if it's in Power Saver mode. Since these engines utilizes insane amount of resources, even for second if it feels not getting enough, it crashes.

It could also be CAS latency incompatibilities. Check if you RAM is DDR5 6000 C36, sometimes these motherboards struggle to run 6000/C36 with specific C36 kits being able to hit their EXPO specifications. So a C40 will fix the issue. But I recommend trying to update the BIOS first, it should clear out any compatibility issues or firmware corruptions.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Kalana
Challenger

Hi, I think first you can try updating the motherboard BIOS. Since you mentions AMD PSP error, could be signs of the BIOS issues. Also since that you are unable to get POST with the actual RAM speeds. Most games have trouble keeping when the RAM or CPU speeds are unstable too.

When you said demanding games, like which uses Unreal Engine? You can also check the power-plan if it's in Power Saver mode. Since these engines utilizes insane amount of resources, even for second if it feels not getting enough, it crashes.

It could also be CAS latency incompatibilities. Check if you RAM is DDR5 6000 C36, sometimes these motherboards struggle to run 6000/C36 with specific C36 kits being able to hit their EXPO specifications. So a C40 will fix the issue. But I recommend trying to update the BIOS first, it should clear out any compatibility issues or firmware corruptions.

0 Likes

Thank you so much! I also turned off precision boost overdrive and so my pc doesn't speed up past 5Ghz and crash the game. But I really think the BIOS is what did it because I was still crashing on 3.8Ghz after a week of no troubles.

I read somewhere online that AMD released an official statement about the state of their CPU compatibility with DDR5 ram and that the first two slots are capable of safely reaching speeds of 5600mhz, however the third and fourth are only capable of reaching 3600mhz safely. So I also took that into account and tuned the speed down.

AMD PSP 11.0 is now working however I have yet to figure how to fix the USB hub that controls my USB 3.0 gen 2 slots. I read somewhere that the best way to do it is uninstall the drivers and then use the AMD driver scanner for it to find the missing driver and do a fresh install. Hopefully you also learned something from this too, I really appreciate it.

You're most welcome. And Yes, I truly will. It's the best thing about this forum, it's not a one-way solution but there are things we learn from each others encounters. Because both ends try to solve it providing the necessary facts. I think It benefits a lot in future.

0 Likes