Crash with ryzen 7600 integrated graphics

Screenshot 2024-05-19 162929.pngScreenshot 2024-05-15 214330.png

IMG_5372.jpg

36be6b70-8c24-426e-8028-1806185ce029.jpg

Fractal Design North
AMD Ryzen 5 7600 5.2 GHz 6 Core AM5 with Desktop Processor
Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB CPU Air Cooler
Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX V-2 AMD AM5 WiFi 6E ATX Gaming Motherboard
Lexar Thor 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 RAM 6000MT/s CL32 1.3V Desktop Memory with Heatsink, AMD Expo and Intel XMP 3.0 (Black)
no discrete GPU
Corsair RM White Series RM750 750W 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular Power Supply
Kingston FURY Renegade with Heatsink 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD

I had a new build 2 weeks ago. Starting from day 1 I have random crashes with Ryzen 5 7600 igpu upon entering windows. Every time I have the driver timeout notification. I do not game but opening a word file could crash, freeze and black screen for a few seconds. I have tried all the graphics drivers available and now have the lastest driver installed. It always crash when starting windows and during usage randomly. Black screens appear for a few seconds and the driver crashed.

Sometimes the computer also failed to start when power button is pressed. The DRAM red light on the motherboard was lit and failed to enter windows. It was stuck in a black screen nothing happened. I had to press the power button for 10 seconds to power it off. 

When I DDU the driver, nothing weird happened when using the computer. Is this a driver issue?

8 Replies
Ali-A
Journeyman III

I'm having the exact same issue, and i'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. What makes it worse is the fact i have another system with the exact same specs i built a few months ago, and i had no issues at all.

I've tried the following and still found no fix, maybe it will for you who knows.

- Lowering RAM MHZ / Trying one stick of RAM

- Updating Bios to latest version / Version other identical system runs on 

- Clean reinstall of Windows

- Clean reinstall of AMD drivers / Using older AMD drivers

- Using DDU (Display driver Uninstaller) to fully wipe drivers at registry level

- Trying HMDI / Display port connections

- Running command sfc /scannow in command prompt

- Running windows RAM checker

- Downloaded MSI afterburner and turned off Ultra low power mode

Here is my specs by comparison:

Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk B650 Wifi

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600

GPU: N/A (Buying later)

RAM: 2x16GB TeamGroup T Create 6000MHZ CL30

SSD: SN850X

PSU: Corsair RM850x Shift

andersonpoon
Adept I

Thanks for your input. 

I've tried the following and still found no fix.

- Updating Bios to latest version

- Clean reinstall of AMD drivers / Using older AMD drivers

- Using DDU (Display driver Uninstaller) to fully wipe drivers at registry level

- Trying HMDI / Display port connections

- Running command sfc /scannow in command prompt

- Running windows RAM checker

- Downloaded MSI afterburner and turned off Ultra low power mode

0 Likes
Balrogos
Adept III

1. Did u try stock ram values so disabled xmp/expo?

2. Did u try reset bios via clear CMOS and/or load default settings?

3. When you update bios did you uncheck "KEEP DMI DATA"?

I would start from load default bios settings and update bios from good pendrive which will not corrupt data and when flashing bios be sure to uncheck keep dmi data. 

Once i got my trusty old usb stick but in the end usb stick was to old and corrupt data so it swap few bits pc works but have problems. New reflash from brand new stick solve it. 

Lipe
Adept I

I'm having exactly the same problem when installing the video driver for my iGPU (same processor as yours, but the b650m-plus TUF motherboard).

If I leave the default Windows driver, or boot into safe mode, everything works fine. But when the video driver becomes AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics, the screen starts freezing and resetting constantly.

In the Windows event viewer, every time the screen freezes, it logs 'Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered.' Old drivers don't work either. I'm inclined to think it's a physical problem with the motherboard or CPU.

If I leave the default Windows driver, or boot into safe mode, everything works fine. But when the video driver becomes AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics, the screen starts freezing and resetting constantly.

this is exactly happening to me.

Do you get a replacement? 
Do you solve the problem?  It is very annoying I need to restart the computer randomly to properly see my screen.

0 Likes

I'm in the return process with the store, and once they refund the amount, I'll get another processor and test it. But I've already seen that you replied to the thread confirming that swapping the processor solved the issue. It seems very much like a batch problem.

0 Likes
Speedyblupi
Journeyman III

"Sometimes the computer also failed to start when power button is pressed. The DRAM red light on the motherboard was lit and failed to enter windows. "

Considering this, I'd definitely focus on the RAM as a likely cause.

Does the problem still happen if you reseat the RAM, remove one of the RAM modules, disable XMP, or try moving your RAM modules to different slots? Slots 2 and 4 (A2 and B2) should be the default on most motherboards, but slots 1 and 3 (A1 and B1) might sometimes work better if there's a problem with the motherboard or the CPU's memory controller.

It might be worth removing and reinstalling the CPU, in case the problem is caused by poor contact with one of the CPU socket pins, though checking the RAM modules first is easier.

0 Likes
andersonpoon
Adept I

turns out it is a faulty cpu. i swapped a new one and all the issues gone. is amd QC that bad?