cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Iwannisss
Journeyman III

Crash on Elden ring after 24.1.1 update

I experience crashes on Elden ring after updating drivers to 24.1.1. It immediately crashes once it loads. Has anyone experienced similar issues? What you advise me to do? 

6 Replies
Algo112233
Journeyman III

Same here, I'm not really sure what the issue is because normally I can run the game at its highest settings without issue.

I installed previous drivers and the issue remains 

I deleted and reinstalled the game the same. 
I don’t know what to do 

0 Likes

Did you DDU old drivers? You didn't mention it...

Also, you can use AMD Cleanup Utility before installing the new driver

Same problem, might help. 

0 Likes
mau557
Journeyman III

Same here, I was playing 3440x1440p resolution (ultrawide), the game does not officialy supports ultrawide it renders two black bars at the sides.

However after the AMD driver update (with or without super resolution, fluid motion) the game started rendering on the full ultrawide frame, after a few seconds it crashes.

I changed the in game resolution settings to 1920x1080p, and I can play normally. It looks like dogs*t but it is playable.

Edit::
After playing a bit in 1920x1080p, I returned the in game settings to 3440x1440p using the AMD Adrenalin option "Predetermined" the one that turns EVERYTHING off. It worked, I played for a bit.
Then I selected the AMD Adrenalin "Quality" option, that only turns on Anti Lag and Image Sharpening, and it has been working this is the option that I normally use so I am happy for now.

0 Likes
Dazarlex
Journeyman III

I started crashing in Elden Ring after 24.3.1 update (in game like 5sec then crash)
AMD Cleanup Utility didnt help

0 Likes

Use cleanup utility then install older driver.  the one that worked before this one

0 Likes