Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Cossacks3
Adept I

Cossacks 3 problems

Hello,

All the drivers above 22.5.1 has black screen problems in Cossacks 3 game,

Please fix this issue, I love to play this game, and also new games, but i can't play new games with the old driver...

11 Replies
AndianoAG
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. Even if I lower the visual game settings, it runs a little bit, but I can not see soldiers, horses and so on... And if I start the game as i usually do, it says "out of memory" which must be not correct....

Preysize
Adept II

Bump!

Same Problem here.

Temp fix is to uncheck shadows or set shader usage to none.

To set Shader usage to none:

Go to path:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\cossacks\profiles\Cossack\profile.cfg"

set "ShaderType = None"

Save file, launch game, go options and switch your Profile to "Cossack" (You can do the same steps with your own profile.)

!!! NOTE !!!
In Display settings the "Shader Dropdown" will be blank, do not switch to any of the options and save otherwise you will have to redo the steps.
!!! NOTE !!!

This temp fix wrecks the Team colors however.

Cant believe AMD and GSC didnt even bother fixing this, take money and run mentality.

I cannot find the "ShaderType" line in my .cfg (it's a DAT file actually but I guess its the same), has it been removed somehow ? I'm also experiencing lots of visual bugs and "out of memory errors" when playing multiplayer with AIs (me and a friend with 3+ AIs crashes my game when first loading)

I have an RX580 + ryzen 5 2600 + HDD

0 Likes
zxz12
Adept I

I also have this problem. 
I start any mission and I have a black screen and game sound. This game doesn't work on any driver younger than version 22.5.1. This problem is known already for almost a one year.

Ryzen R9 5900X, Radeon RX6800XT, ASUS Strix X570-E
0 Likes
Stranger12
Adept I

Now I have permament problem with out of memory with 6900XT XFX

I will never buy AMD more. Today card going to marketplace. 

0 Likes
yorkknew
Journeyman III

Hello,

it's an up for fixing this bug.

I must disable shadows in Cossacks 3 if i want see unities. 

Thanks AMD.

0 Likes

Wow. And you're using last drivers ? 

0 Likes
Bullseye13
Adept I

I have News:

With ShaderTyp set to None an as long as I play no xxl Random Maps (x4) it seems to work. There are some graphic glitches but it seems to work.

When I start X4 sized random map there is the black screen with sound... Never loading.

Stranger12
Adept I

If map someone set 2x or 4x so black screen coming everytime
6900XT
128gb ram
msi b450m 
"context deactivation failed" or "out of memory"
I have tride thousands way to change graffik setting, windows cache memory and changing DEP (Data Execution Prevention on my Windows 10
Nothing helped. Only 1 way.  Drivers above 22.5.1
I deleted Cossacks 3 and installed new driver. When I play done with new games I will install again new drivers
Cossack its reason #3 why I will not buy AMD gpu in the future

0 Likes
Bullseye13
Adept I

Any News?

Game is still not working proberly

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

I was able to enter the game when reducing resolution to 2K (I have 4k screen) and/or had to reduce map size.

Did anyone file bug report through adrenaline?

0 Likes