cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

croutonrocksfr
Journeyman III

Constant Freezing with RX 5700 XT

I have the Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition, and I just ran a scan, and it updated everything that was outdated.
I've done everything from updating my driver automatically and manually, and reinstalling the software. Yet I still have lag on games, and I don't know what to do.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
4 Replies
SieraRiven
Journeyman III

I probably had a similar problem. As soon as I update the RX 5700 XT drivers to the latest version, my programs and games start opening for 20-30 seconds, but as soon as I install the old drivers from the MSI website for my motherboard, then any lags and freezes disappear. Try to do the same. Go to your motherboard website and download all the drivers from there

0 Likes

What do you mean by "Go to your motherboard website and download all the drivers from there" ?

0 Likes

Write the name of your motherboard in a search engine (example: msi b450m pro-vdh max)Screenshot_2.png open the website of your motherboard, there you look for the support -> drivers & download

Screenshot_1.pngAnd there you already download the Chipset drivers and VGA driver and then install it

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Ditch the Dell software

Go to AMD.com and install latest AM4 chipset drivers

Run the AMD Cleanup Utility Tool and when you reboot, install latest GPU drivers from AMD.com

the Alienware case has kinda crappy airflow so heat might be an issue .. 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes