cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

devilzzz
Adept II

Constant errors over the last 2 days related to AMD drivers and the screen going black or being kicked out of games. I have an RX 5700 XT. Anyone experiencing the same things?

Constant errors over the last 2 days related to AMD drivers and the screen going black or being kicked out of games. I have an RX 5700 XT. Anyone experiencing the same things? Never had it until the last 2 days and laughably I could not even run WOW today without issues.  I have done some trouble shooting but not nearly enough yet.  I am going to be checking if it is cpu related and will be putting new thermal paste on it as that is one of the few things I can think to try.  Also considering that I have just 3 hard drives and the video card I thought my Antec Earthwatts 650 watt psu would be fine and it was more than fine for a GTX 1080 Ti about a year and a half ago with the same system.  I have added 8 more GB of ram and they don't match in terms of brand which can cause issues with pcs but to me does not explain the AMD driver errors for the video card.  Also saw in another thread someone recommending trying an Nvidia card and I have my old GTX 670 2 GB video card only and for some games I have been trying to play it will not be enough.  I do know though that with the very same system except having the GTX 670 2 GB video card in it well WOW just played fine.  

0 Likes
1 Reply
zantsu
Adept III

Screen going black yep. (Navi GPU, RX 5700)
20.5.1 only (W10 20h1), 20.4.2 without adrenalin (it won't install on 20h1) no issues.

0 Likes