cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ticki84
Adept I

Constant crash with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED on every UE5 games

I run into many crashes on every CPU/GPU heavy games using UE5. The problem only appears on UE5 games as far as I remember, on almost every games, but it never happens on any other games. Some games that have the issue: Banishers Ghosts of New Eden, Lords of the Fallen, Remnant 2, The Finals. Some games on UE5 that do not have the issue (recent playtime): Palworld (75h), Satisfactory (70h).

The crash stack trace is always the same on every game: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. I tried many things to fix this issue, this included drivers reinstallation, power plan, admin rights, updating drivers, DirectX... I've covered every points mentionned on https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-800 and nothing fix the issue: the issue was here since the beginning (on the first start), Windows, drivers and apps are up to date, hardware components are operating at factory default settings (except for EXPO profile), temps are always fine on both CPU and GPU when it crashes (40-60°C), PSU is far above the recommendation (1000W). I've tried many things including updating Windows and affected games, updating and clean installing the graphics driver, restoring BIOS settings and system is a clean install with new hardware only. The only thing left in the list is hardware issue so I contacted SAPPHIRE as told by AMD service center but they told me to fill a driver bug report to AMD... Done it, still it won't fix the issue.

The only things that drastically reduced the issue on The Finals was setting TdrLevel to 0 in my registry, but it would still crash occasionnally. Now, I play Banishers Ghosts of New Eden (with TdrLevel to 0) and crashes simply make the game unplayable, I can literally crash anywhere from 1 to 30 minutes in. The fact that nothing has been done to address this widely spread and known issue is astonishing.

Despite the fact that it affects both Nvidia and AMD players, I never had this issue with Nvidia. I hate their ridiculous price tag, but I want to come back to the blue team as it was way less trouble back in the day.

What am I supposed to do now? Who should I contact? Do you think it is a faulty componant and which one most likely? Every componant is still under waranty, but honestly, I would have prefered to refund some as trust is broken...

Here is my full setup for reference:

• ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI (factory settings)
  • AMD Ryzen 7700X (factory settings)
  • AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT (factory settings) (SAPPHIRE NITRO+)
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz (EXPO enabled)
  • MSI MPG A1000G
  • Corsair 4000D Airflow + 5 fans
  • Noctua NH-U12A
  • Samsung NVME 1TB
0 Replies