cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Randomthing124
Journeyman III

Consistent crashing on Valorant after latest driver updates

Has anyone else been having issues with random crashing when playing Valorant after the latest drivers update?

11 Replies
Yadiir
Adept I

Hello, I have a RX 580 8GB Special edition graphics card my drivers update haven't came in and yes I also have this problem my game crashed twice and then my PC froze only solution is to restart PC and hopefully doesn't happen to any other game.

0 Likes
Anthos97
Journeyman III

Hello, yes I have the same issue with Valorant, it keeps on crashing and pops up this error : AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred.

I also have a RX 580. Have you found a fix? 

0 Likes
432hz
Adept II

If you haven't already done this, try uninstalling the old / current drivers with DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility then reinstalling the latest drivers.

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes
Allinava
Journeyman III

I also have an rx580 and just started having this problem today, too. I've tried reinstalling my drivers and the issue has persisted. Is there any fix so far?

0 Likes
ronindc
Journeyman III

Updated drivers and still crashed my whole computer during a game. I have a RX 580. Not sure what to do. Just started having the problems today.

0 Likes

i have a 6600xt and im getting exact same issue as you tried 3 different prior driver versions and keep getting the freeze followed by the driver crashed message minimum 3 or 4 times in a single match im so lost because why would a new driver version affect prior iterations

0 Likes
JonMcMuffin
Journeyman III

I also have an RX 580 and Valorant started crashing today with same error. I did everything I could think of— I updated drivers, I did the AMD cleanup tool and reinstalled the AMD software and new drivers, I uninstalled and reinstalled Valorant and Vanguard, I cleared the local cache from the game, I command prompt fixed any corrupt files and nothing worked. Definitely odd that it's all happening to people with the same card. Please let me know if you figure out what's happening.  

0 Likes
acidpixxie
Journeyman III

I’m having the same issue starting today as well, and I have a 570. I’ve done everything possible by downgrading to any old version I can find. 

0 Likes
Allinava
Journeyman III

Its definitely a problem with just valorant, im playing everyother game fine

0 Likes
Luin
Journeyman III

Ye starting to lean towards it being a riot issue weird coincidence with the driver update but as per the reddit thread linked even people on intel cards are getting issues

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValorantTechSupport/comments/1cd2k36/valorant_keeps_crashing

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Was there a recent game update to address this issue?

0 Likes