cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Bartholomeww
Journeyman III

Computer showing no signal after installing latest drivers on fresh windows install

Today I wiped my windows and reinstalled it and was reinstalling most of the programs I used to use, I went to the amd website and chose the correct graphics card to get the drivers for (Radeon 5700xt) and went through the install process until it told me to reboot. I proceeded to reboot and now my computer is showing no signal, so I try to hit a key on my keyboard to enter bios, then my keyboard shuts off. I then try to reseat the memory, reset CMOS battery, swap the card (which did help with the keyboard but still no signal. Then eventually the keyboard stopped working again) and then reseat the Radeon 5700xt. Ive tried booting into safe mode but that doesn't work either, when I turn it on the hard drive light blinks like usual but doesn't stay on. I've tried everything I can and I feel like pulling my hair out.

Specs

Ryzen 5 2600

Radeon 5700xt 

Msi b450 tomahawk

16gb ddr4 ram

600w psu

500gb ssd which windows is installed on 

2 2tb hdds

2 Replies

If you're doing a total wipe/clean install, put your other drives offline or unplug them.

USB install is better to set up for other machine in many cases.

Install mobo/chipset drivers before any other software.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
amduser_Jb
Adept II

Yo try disabling your driver signature enforcement or turning core isolation off.

To do that the easiest way is to go to settings then update windows panel then restore panel then click restart now for the advance setup from there choose trouble shooting then start up settings then restart now after doing that you'll be booted next time on the advance boot interface there choose 7 or disable driver signature enforcement then you'll be booted to your desktop and try installing your drivers or updating or using hardware trouble shooter from there on. Hope it works for you cause some don't. Wish of luck got same problem too for months now. xD

0 Likes