Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sam_devilz19
Newcomer

Computer restarts after installing AMD graphics drivers

Hi Guys,

I have an Asus RX 550 AREZ Edition graphics card, which after installing detects and shows up in the OS. However, once I install the drivers my PC screen turns black and after a while the OS restarts. Post restart, screen remains active for roughly 10-20 seconds and the OS restarts again, and this goes on until the screen becomes pixelated. 

I have tried installing different versions of drivers, but still no luck. Each time after re-install, I was using DDU to uninstall the existing drivers and was deleting C:/AMD folder. 

PC Specs:

Hardware :

Enter G41 Chipset motherboard

8GB DDR3 Ram

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, 2825 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Enter 550W PSU

Enter Stock cooler

500 GB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Software:

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 080015, 12/14/2018

OS Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Any update will highly be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
indub
Adept II

Welcome to the club.  I have two computers with R9 390X that I have been unable to update since 18.12.1.1.  Its been over a year.

I've been contacting AMD tech support but they just keep copy/paste the same response to clean install the newest driver, which doesn't work.

This thread I think is the most relevant still to those of use who can't update. https://community.amd.com/thread/236829

I'm getting close to just spending money on a Nvidia card.

0 Likes