cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jkehler
Journeyman III

Computer randomly crashing with no BSOD

I recently built my first PC. It was working fine for the first few days until I began to have random PC crashes with no BSOD. These crashes would happen once every few days. They would happen during games, but also at random times when I am just browsing the internet or even while configuring iCue settings. A few days ago I got my first crash with a BSOD. The error was Status_Device_Power_Failure. When I check my drivers list I now see that my AMD PSP 11.0 device has a yellow triangle beside it and has that same error message in its device status. I have tried using both version 5.24.0.0 and version 5.25.0.0 but neither have worked. I tried re-installing windows 11 and now my crashes are back to occurring without a BSOD. Any suggestions on other steps to try?

Operating System: Windows 11 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000MHz CL30
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7700        
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 aorus pro ax
Video Card: Gigabyte RTX 4070
0 Likes
6 Replies
kaminari
Adept II

I've had similar random crashes over the months with a brand new Asus TUF B450 board, only to recently realize that my Corsair Vengeance was not capable of sustaining its max advertised clocks.

If you have configured your RAM as XMP, make sure your frequencies/timings are not too aggressive. In my case it was definitely the culprit. The hardware was fine, the RAM settings were wrong.

[Ryzen 2600X 4.2 GHz | Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB | DDR4 32 GB | Win10 Pro]
0 Likes

I also thought this could have been the problem. I turned my EXPO profile off a couple days ago and I still have been getting crashes. 

0 Likes

Bios up to date?

0 Likes

Bios is up to date.

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

Might be a faulty PSU. Try OCCT power load test for a few minutes to see if you can pass that.

0 Likes

Just tried a OCCT power load test for 10 minutes. No errors detected there.

0 Likes