cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

so-wowow
Journeyman III

Computer broken after installing drivers

I’ll try to be as descriptive as I can here, because I’m quite freaked out. I’m by no means a computer person and I was just trying to make sure my drivers were correct and I had the correct software installed.

I think I had accidentally hit a performance logging shortcut on my keyboard, and the logging saved pop up didn’t seem to want to go away. I realized I should disable hotkeys, but when I tried to open up the AMD software I had, I got the error “The version of AMD Software that you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed AMD graphics driver.” When I went to the support page listed, they recommended running the AMD Software Compatibility Tool. But when I downloaded and ran that, it gave me another error, something along the lines of “there is no AMD Software application installed.” After researching I realized I didn’t think I had AMD Adrenaline? Pretty sure I had just had the AMD software from the Microsoft appstore(which is discontinued now?). So, I installed AMD Adrenaline. I allowed it to install whatever it said to install, and after restarting my computer as it said at the end of the installation, my computer is pretty much unusable. I cannot open anything, and I mean. Anything. Cannot right click. Cannot open any browser. Cannot even open files explorer. Start menu doesn’t work. Nothing seems to work.

I would really love to revert my system to a previous state, as I’ve had no real issues before this point… I just am not quite sure how to do it, and don’t want to ruin anything further than I already seem to have. I’m able to run Windows in Safe Mode if I do a hard restart three times, but I’m just not sure what I should do from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

PC Info(I have a pre-built Victus PC):

Windows 11 home, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, AMD Radeon RX 6400 Graphics

0 Likes
1 Reply
mitchconner
Adept I

Download display driver uninstaller and run it from within safe mode. Youtube will have some good guides if you are uncertain about this process. Good luck

0 Likes