cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Dan12345
Adept I

clinfo.exe entry point not found ( NEED HELP )

clinfo.exe - Entry Point Not Found 17_12_2023 16_16_41.png

Hello this seems a running issue within AMD drivers with no solutions i could find anywhere online , is anyone able to help with this please 

I updated my drivers and now I am stuck with this and iam getting multiple crashes with games not able to open , it seems linked to Vuklan ? 

Specs:

ROG STRIX Gaming Laptop 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX 

RX6800M 

32GB Ram 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Dan12345
Adept I

So i have found a solution , go here Get Drivers with AMD Auto-Detect and Install Tool | AMD , download the Driver Auto detect and update tool if you don't already have it. If you do it can be found in the C:\AMD then look for software adrenalin and AMDSoftwareInstaller .exe (application) and launch it. 

You will get the installer splash screen , as you see bellow ensure you select Adrenalin 23.12.1 , even when is says recommended my laptop had done an auto update and went to PRO 23.Q4 as this is the newer of the two by a day. This caused both my issues with the game crashing and the clinfo entry point error. 

AMD SOFTWARE 18_12_2023 13_59_49.png

AMD SOFTWARE 18_12_2023 13_59_57.png

  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
NickT
Journeyman III

I have possibly the same Laptop with slightly more Ram and get the same error. I have uninstalled and tried to roll back to earlier versions with no luck. The only version I know that works is the version that the latest version of Windows 11 that defaults with a Clean install of the OS.

0 Likes

facing same issue any solution?

Specs:

ROG STRIX Advantage Edition

AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX 

RX6800M 

0 Likes

i looks like we might all have same laptop 

0 Likes

and facing same problem

0 Likes
NickT
Journeyman III

None, yet. sorry.

0 Likes
Dan12345
Adept I

So i have rolled back to a previous windows restore point which has fixed the issue but the update was recommended as the current drivers cannot play games with Vulkan API , I have an issue where Satisfactory will crash on start up and recommend the update even with the driver update the game will still crash. Not sure if this is two separate issues or they are connected 

I read that is something to do with a conflict between OpenCL i think it mentioned version 1.2 and 1.3 .

0 Likes
Dan12345
Adept I

So i have found a solution , go here Get Drivers with AMD Auto-Detect and Install Tool | AMD , download the Driver Auto detect and update tool if you don't already have it. If you do it can be found in the C:\AMD then look for software adrenalin and AMDSoftwareInstaller .exe (application) and launch it. 

You will get the installer splash screen , as you see bellow ensure you select Adrenalin 23.12.1 , even when is says recommended my laptop had done an auto update and went to PRO 23.Q4 as this is the newer of the two by a day. This caused both my issues with the game crashing and the clinfo entry point error. 

AMD SOFTWARE 18_12_2023 13_59_49.png

AMD SOFTWARE 18_12_2023 13_59_57.png

  

0 Likes