Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

renrenren
Adept I

Catalyst 17.10.1731-170424a2 Working Download Link

Hi all,

I have Radeon HD 8500M and currently have the Catalyst Software Suite ver. 15.20.1065-150721a-187238C installed. On the software updates tab under the information menu, it says ver. 17.10.1731-170424a2 is available. However, whenever I download it or visit the download page for it nothing happens. Anyone who could provide me with the link to download it? Thanks.

2019-11-21 13_32_30-AMD Catalyst Control Center.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

I believe Catalyst 15.7 was the last AMD Driver in the Catalyst format according to Wikipedia: AMD Radeon Software - Wikipedia 

In September 2015, AMD reintroduced the driver software as Radeon Software Crimson Edition in version 15.11 with a new UI design.[33]

as of today AMD uses the Adrenalin edition of the AMD Radeon Software for specific still supported devices.

This seems to be the last Catalyst Driver before Crimson started: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-15-11-1-beta  Seems like it came out in November 2015.  It is a BETA. But looks like the 15.11.1 version was renamed Crimson and not Catalyst.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
shonk
Adept II

those are some old drivers chief

19.11.3 says that it supports that card

so i would try that driver for your os

0 Likes

Catalyst has long since been replaced by Crimson and Radeon Settings. You should download the latest drivers manually, though you may lose certain OEM specific functions.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-8000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-8570m-series-gpu

0 Likes
renrenren
Adept I

shonk

Yeah. I forgot to mention what it was going to be for. I have a laptop with switchable graphics mode, so I gotta keep it old otherwise every game I'll play will only use Intel HD graphics.

black_zion

Yeah, unfortunately... I was wondering if anyone had it at all, like a stashed copy, an archive repository or something. Thanks.

0 Likes

HD 8500M is a Series of cards...which one do you have?

https://www.amd.com/en/support 

You should read > https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

At the bottom of every driver download page is a link to previous drivers:

0 Likes

I checked all the AMD Download drivers for 85xxM under "Previous" and it only shows drivers from 06/2019.

But I went to 3d Guru which has all the old previous drivers and found this AMD Driver which is closest to what you are asking for: Videocards - ATI Catalyst Windows 7 | 8 | 10 

The AMD Driver version 17.10.1 is the newer AMD Driver format Crimson that replaced Catalyst format.

Note: Then follow Kingfish link on how to update your Laptop using an Intel Processor.  Also possible that the very old Crimson version may not be fully compatible with the newer versions of Windows 10.

renrenren
Adept I

kingfish

8570M. Unfortunately, I did check the 'previous drivers' here in the official website before but found that it didn't really host the legacy drivers (aselstaci‌ described), which is what I was looking for.

elstaci
Hey! Yeah thanks. The legacy drivers aren't really here as you mentioned. Your resource link is really helpful and could be handy to a lot of people, but what I was looking for specifically were the legacy 'Catalyst' drivers. I hoped to update mine to the last version of it ever released. I need the legacy Catalyst drivers since Crimson breaks the 'switchable graphics mode' of my Samsung laptop, or in some cases freezes right in the installation process.

I apologize to everyone for the confusion. I actually clarified the intent behind the original post in my 1st reply above.

If there's no higher versions of the legacy Catalyst available anymore, I'll just have to do with the manufacturer-provided base driver.

Thanks everyone for the help!

0 Likes

I believe Catalyst 15.7 was the last AMD Driver in the Catalyst format according to Wikipedia: AMD Radeon Software - Wikipedia 

In September 2015, AMD reintroduced the driver software as Radeon Software Crimson Edition in version 15.11 with a new UI design.[33]

as of today AMD uses the Adrenalin edition of the AMD Radeon Software for specific still supported devices.

This seems to be the last Catalyst Driver before Crimson started: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-15-11-1-beta  Seems like it came out in November 2015.  It is a BETA. But looks like the 15.11.1 version was renamed Crimson and not Catalyst.

Hi, apparently Catalyst 15.7 is the same as my OEM-provided drivers from Samsung (unfortunately they didn't mark the version) since the following details between the two installers are identical:

Driver Version: 15.200.1065.0000     Driver Date: 7/21/2015
AMD Catalyst Install Manager            Version: 8.0.916.0

AMD Catalyst Control Center            Version: 2015.0721.2136.37041

I have been using the last and 'best' possible version of this legacy driver after all. The built-in update tool in Catalyst Control Center saying that 17.1 is the latest was misleading. I was hoping there would be higher versions as indicated by the software driver and improve the gaming performance no matter how minimal. This is the best I can get under the Catalyst series I guess.

Thanks to everyone who helped. Cheers.