Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vieira-a
Journeyman III

Cannot install Windows 11 on NVME M.2 Samsung 980 Pro or any SSD as well

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 DS3H (rev 1.5) with bios updated;

Processor: AMD® Ryzen 5 5500 × 12

- I try to load the Gigabyte storage drivers (see the image below): unsuccessfully;

- I try to load the Intel VMD Drivers drivers (maybe no sense, but I try): unsuccessfully;

- NVMe RAID enable or disabled: unsuccessfully;

- SCM enabled or disabled: unsuccessfully;

- Secure boot enabled or disabled: unsuccessfully;

- NVMe partition formatted with GPT or MBR: unsuccessfully;

- Can install Linux normally.

Can anyone help me, please?

index.jpeg

6 Replies

First what type of Windows Installation errors are you getting?

Something like "No Device Drivers were found" or " No Drive found" type of errors?

How are you trying to clean install the Windows 11 on your NVME Drive? Using a Flash Drive or DVD or External Drive?

Here is Microsoft Support on how to add external drivers to a Windows Installation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/add-device-drivers-to-windows...

Add Device Drivers to Windows During Windows Setup

To install Windows on some hardware designs, you may need to add device drivers to Windows Setup. You can add drivers to Windows Setup by using an answer file that specifies the path to the driver files. To do this in new installations, you add the Microsoft-Windows-PnpCustomizationWinPE component during the windowsPE configuration pass, add the driver paths, and then specify the answer file.

You can also modify existing images and add and remove drivers. You can service offline images in several ways. For example, you can add the Microsoft-Windows-PnpCustomizationsNonWinPE component during the offlineServicing configuration pass, add or remove the driver paths, and then specify the name of the answer file. For more information about how to modify drivers on an offline Windows image by using an answer file, and also other methods of adding drivers to and removing drivers from an existing image, see Add and Remove Drivers to an Offline Windows Image.

Have you first tried to just do a clean Windows installation without adding external drivers?

This sounds like a Windows or Motherboard issue. You should contact Gigabyte Support and open a thread at MS Forums.

Might be a BIOS setting that is causing your problem. Try doing a CLEAR CMOS and then try installing Windows again and see if it goes through.

In Windows 11 Installation did you delete the partitions on your Windows drive and allow Windows to create all the Windows partitions before installing Windows?

just throwing out some tips that comes to my mind at the moment.

Thaks for your reply!

Error: No device drivers were found.

I'm trying to install a clean Windows in a nvme m.2 (Samsung Pro 980 model). I built a pen drive using Windows 11 Media Creation Tool with the latest Windows 11 image version downloaded from Microsoft.

As you can see below, the DISKPART shows the drivers, including the nvme (931GB).

If I try to clean the disk and create a MBR or GPT partition, even so, when the installation try to load the disks, it don't recognize the drivers.

Additionaly, I try to clear the CMOS, change nvme to slot 2 as well, unsuccessfully.

error.jpegError

diskpart.jpegDiskpart shows the drivers

First, are the Gigabyte Storage drivers the same as the AMD RAID drivers?

Here is Gigabytes Preinstall RAID driver to download: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-DS3H-rev-15/support#support-dl-driver-sataraidahci

Screenshot 2024-01-19 160940.png

For Windows 11 is best to install on a GPT Drive which is compatible with UEFI Mode BIOS.

Here is a previous MS Forum thread similar to your situation: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-device-drivers-were-found-windows-11/d7b5b8...

Reply from MS Advisor:

Screenshot 2024-01-19 161221.png

More recent MS Forum thread 2023: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-device-drivers-were-found-windows-11/b56169...

Screenshot 2024-01-19 161521.png

Vynski
Exemplar

For a stand alone personal computer it is my opinion that RAID is a pain in the a$$.  I would only recommend it on a server.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
FunkZ
Paragon

To get Windows 11 to successfully upgrade from Windows 10 I had to:

Enable UEFI mode in BIOS
Disable CSM/Legacy in BIOS
Use GPT for drive format

Microsoft makes a mbr2gpt executable to convert existing partitions, which had its own set of headaches, but as you're trying to install fresh this should not be a concern.

Assuming there's nothing on the drive you want to keep I would use diskpart and delete any existing volumes on the drive before installing. You can download WinPE (Windows Preinstallation Environment) and create bootable media with diskpart and other tools on it.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

Was CSM enabled or a misconfigured RAID the problem?  

I don't delete any of my disk partitions.  therefore I can reinstall windows and still have my data and drivers partitions not affected.  However my Applications and Gaming partitions I just reinstall.  The headaches of redirecting them to a new installation isn't worth the effort or the time it takes.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"