cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Letoshi
Journeyman III

Can't find AMD Auto-detect and Install tool

I can't find AMD Auto-detect and Install tool download button anymore, and since my graphics card is a rx 580 2048sp, i cannot download the driver without this tool. 

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The Auto Detect tool can be downloaded here

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Manually download them from HERE 

crazydup
Journeyman III

Cant find it either. di you find it?

0 Likes
Roxon22
Journeyman III

I'm sorry AMD, but is this a joke? An auto detect tool, when you have to provide the specific piece of hardware you want a driver for..

0 Likes

The auto detect tool has been removed, what you see now is the search for or (manual) select options.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Why on earth would they remove the Auto Detect tool? Updating my drivers constantly has now become infinitely more tedious

The support articles for the tool are even still up! https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-131

0 Likes

This is some bull_. I've been going 'round this circle jerk of a website looking for the tool... Fk me. I just want to fix what Windows Updated screwed up. I get here and this garbage... Do better AMD.

How tf do i know what the fill in with the manual option, i dont know what specs ny laptop has

flibbet
Journeyman III

I have exactly this same problem. Have a new laptop with a sticker that says AMD RADEON Graphics. Absolutely nothing in the box, or system devices to indicate exactly what model GPU it is and I desperately need to find some means of adjusting the settings. There should be an AMD app that allows this but its missing. The AMD site is absolutely useless. Referring to an auto detect tool which actually isn't there and without being able to determine which model GPU how the %$@! can you download drivers for it? Have you people actually sat down and used your website from the perspective of someone who needs to find out this information. Try it and let us know how you get on.

Sounds like a 'Processor with Graphics'. type the processor model (or scroll through) in the search box.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks for that. Somehow I ended up with the adrenaline edition for that particular CPU/GPU which actually came with an auto detect tool. Took a punt and figured if I ran it and returns a compatible result then OK to install driver. And it worked. AMD still deserve a shellacking for saying they have an auto detect app when they actually don't. Most of the drivers don't come with one so it's still a lucky dip if you don't know

encodercabbage
Journeyman III

Not a replacement for the auto detect tool, but I was at least able to download drivers (may not be the most up-to-date though) using devicehunt.com as linked in the following AMD kb https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-55

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The Auto Detect tool can be downloaded here

0 Likes