cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spaceman51
Journeyman III

Can Radeon Software Run Fans On Startup?

Where is the option in the latest Radeon Software to "run on startup" or "launch with Windows?" I currently use MSI Afterburner to do this, otherwise my graphics card fans never spin. It's alarming to think that your GPU could just be sitting there cooking, fans parked while working and you don't even know it. That happened to me for like a year with my first GPU. until I figured out about MSI. Nowadays, with an AMD card, I am really impressed with the updates being made to the Radeon Software in the past year or so. It's starting to surpass GeForce Experience. What I want to know in this post is how the Radeon Software works and if its new features are grounds to no longer need stuff like MSI Afterburner, Precision XOC, or whatever else it is that people may use. Can the new Radeon Software manage basic signals to GPU like fan speed automatically in the background, without having to remember to start it? Is it always running in the background? I tried using it by itself today and when I went to check my fan speeds they were at zero. Then when I went to the fan curve settings and resaved settings they kicked back on. Sure, maybe MSI Afterburner was interfering with it by running at the same time, but Idk. I had the custom fan curve settings off in MSI.

Anything you know so I can make this software transition and simplify things would be helpful. I'm kind of waiting for the "launch with Windows" feature to be implemented before I do it. I just haven't been able to find a setting for that anywhere yet so was wondering if it's implemented yet...

0 Likes
1 Reply
res607
Journeyman III

Tell me about it, my 1060 died the other day and a buddy gave me a RX570 to use. I spent an hour and a half freaking out trying to figure out why the fans were not spinning after first installing the card. Changing psu connectors around, thinking it was something on my end. Wasnt happy to find a tick box in the software section that was check marked called Zero RPM. Nothing else. But in the mean time i was freaking out trying to hurry up and get the Xrap software installed before the GPU over heated. What a mess. AMD should be ashamed of themselves. Years ago i bought a Xfx 6950 2GB video card. An i remember it was plagued with garbage drivers then. The card died a year and half after i bought it. So i purchased a gtx1060. Now that finally died. Gpu has worked fine the last couple days, now all of a sudden i cant get the Radeon software to do anything but freeze into a tiny box that i can click on or even close. I have to ctrl, alt delete and end process. Imagine that 7-8 years later and again its driver issues. An of course in the meantime i have the default windows driver just to get online, which means MY FANS AREN'T TURNING! Its hard to believe they can be selling people videocards for the ungodly prices they are charging and still have software that doesnt work. I know now my next gpu wont be an AMD. I guess im lucky i havnt ever had the issues with my AMD cpu like i have with their GPU's!An yes i have uninstalled, used their utility, and reinstalled 3 times. Still wont open, just hangs until i force close it. error7.jpg

0 Likes