Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CronusVelox
Journeyman III

Can not install ryzen master after upgrading cpu and mobo

Hello,

I upgraded from a 2600 amd processor and b450 tomahawk to a 5600x and a b550 motherboard. I tried using ryzen master but it said I had an unsupported processor. So I uninstalled and reinstalled but it would never install. I tried removing the old registery from the old cpu but it still does not install. I was able to install b550 chipset drivers, but I can't install ryzen master. I double click it and it will not install. I have tried to uninstall all instances of amd products and reinstall, but I still can not install ryzen master. I was able to find ryzen master extract in my amd folder and there is a text file that says RMExtraction. At the bottom it says installation filled. There is a lot of info in that text, but I dont want to mess with it. If I can delete my email and what not from the text without messing anything up I will post it. 

I tried the amd  clean up utility to no avail. I have no idea what else I could do. Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully reinstalling windows will be the last thing I do. Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies

See the MS installer troubleshooter link in the QRG, https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Also RM download from there.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Ok so I downloaded the microsoft trouble shooter and uninstalled ryzen master sdk and redownloaded Amd-Ryzen-Master but I still can't install it. It just goes to preparing to install then it just closes. Still no luck

0 Likes
CronusVelox
Journeyman III

Ok I have another question because this software is really annoying. Do I need a FRESH install of windows for me to download? As in I delete all my files. Or can I use windows media creation tool and use the option to keep all my apps and data? I am still unclear if the reason ryzen master only goes to preparing to install (and just exits) is a result of windows being originally from a 2600 cpu. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes