cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jspinella
Journeyman III

BSOD on Windows 11 22H2 with StoreMI installed

I've searched around and I see that this is a relatively common issue, but I don't see a topic here about it happening with Windows 11 22H2.

- The BSODs only happen when both the 22H2 update and StoreMI are installed. 

- The BSODs happen within a minute of logging into my account on Windows 11, but do not happen if the computer just sits on the lock screen.

- The BSODs seem to happen immediately if I try to do something CPU intensive like launch a game.

- I am using the latest version of StoreMI available from AMD's website, although it's almost a year old which I found surprising. 

- The BSODs stop if I revert to a system restore point that doesn't have StoreMI installed. 

- StoreMI causes BSODs before I am able to even set up a disk pair with it, so it's not actually doing anything. 

- The similar thread here: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/system-won-t-boot-after-installing-storemi/m-p/368824 mentions a Samsung NVMe SSD. It's possible that this BSOD issue is caused by 22H2 + StoreMI + a Samsung NVMe SSD as I seem to recall StoreMI working just fine on Windows 11 in a computer with a Crucial NVMe SSD and no Samsung SSDs, NVMe or otherwise, though I cannot recall if that computer had 22H2 installed and I am unable to check it now. 

I have four .dmp files from four separate BSODs that all point to StoreMI as the culprit. You'd probably just need one of them for debugging purposes but I'm happy to provide all four. 

0 Likes
0 Replies