cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

terrybear2k
Adept I

bsod on honkai impact and OSU

keep getting "thread stuck in device driver", even with fresh format and lastest drivers. any ideas guys? this is customer's pc, realllllly need help on this

specs:

ryzen 5 3400g

8gb 3200mhz

radeon vega 11

240gb ssd

bsod

0 Likes
1 Solution

nvm, just found out the bios is "TOO NEW". which causes the instability..... thx for the help anyways

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Have you tried resetting the BIOS to factory settings and using the system with those settings? The chipset driver may be causing an error on your system. Have you tried using your system only with the display driver (or an older display driver) without a chipset driver?

You have to make tests like this. If you keep getting the same error, you can also try adding a GPU to your system. I read about someone who got away similar error by purchasing a GPU on these forum pages...

0 Likes

it was a fresh new pc with fresh installation. i have a 2nd one with the exact same specs and the same thing happen

0 Likes

You are getting a driver error. Perhaps you can fix this problem by purchasing a new GPU. It could be nVidia 710. I know of someone fixing the problem with a new GPU.

0 Likes

problem is customer just bought this pc and it isn't even 1 week old.... need to know what is going on. is this AMD's driver fault again? or both game has issues with amd?

0 Likes

This is a driver error. For this reason, do not install any chipset driver. Only install the latest display driver. Or try an old version display driver. Use the BIOS in factory settings. If the problem exists, disable the IGPU with the BIOS and use your system with a new GPU (a cheap) to fix the driver issue.

0 Likes

nvm, just found out the bios is "TOO NEW". which causes the instability..... thx for the help anyways