cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

nishant
Adept I

BSOD error amdkmpfd.sys showing at start up (AMD HD 8600M) after incorrect upgradation

Hello , 

I need  help!  from anybody who had the knowledge to solve bluescreen problem (amdkfd.sys) at windows start up  . 
This is hp notebook 15 , 2014 laptop which came with AMD HD 8600M radeon graphic card . Till last month it was running well  until I stressed upon updating it to enhance 3D modelling (blender) experience .
So I uninstalled the AMD HD 8600M from the laptop in the hope of finding an upgraded version  
 I want to mention that there are no available drivers  for AMD HD 8600 on AMD website . So I went for AMD HD 8670 one .
After selecting it for download , the AMD automotic software detection recommended me to install Adrenalin 22.6.1 (dont exactly remember the number )
, so i went for it (AMD adrenalin) after checking the tick on " factory reset"  option on the AMD prompt  . 
After a few minutes after the installer had installed 99% of it , the whole desktop screen freezed & there was no mouse movement . 
That really scared me ,as this thing had never happened before . So I waited for a few mintues to see if the screen error gets resolved by its own  . But it did not happened  , So I decided to press the power button to turn the pc off & restart it . But when I restarted it , after the hp booting logo  bufferring , I coud only see a black screen which never loaded  . Tried to restart it multiple times but got the  same black screen which would never load further.  

I somehow restored my laptop through recovery option (installed the window ) . But NOW it is showing a bluescreen error "Ampkmpfd.sys" . Everytime I start my laptop I get this error  and then the device restarts after loading to 100%. It is very annoying and disturbing thing . I have been resolving this thing since the last 10 days  . I  tried to clean all my drives and reinstall windows again but ,it was nothing worth it as i am getting the same bluescreen error Aamkmpfd.sys , " STOP CODE : Driver irql not less or equal "

Please help me ASAP . I will be very grateful for a ultimate solution that can save the AMD graphic card . thank you in advance  ....

0 Likes
1 Solution
nishant
Adept I

hi , 
thanks for your suggestions but i have solved this problem on my own through very simple methods .
No bios update , No 3rd party software installation , No windows reinstallation . Just follow the below steps -

THIS is for everyone whose drivers got currupted by ether incorrect driver updates or virus . And are unable to find the original drivers from manufacturers website  . This is very easy . Just follow the below steps . it will work 101%

1 -1st I went to device manager (by typing "Device manager") on the start menu . 
2 - Then I looked out for display driver list from the drop down menu (The graphic driver which is creating problems)
3 - I deleted the driver fully from the system  
4 -  then I went to the windows update section through settings on start 
5-  On the windows update section I clicked on "Check for windows update  "
6- After a few seconds you will see windows installing the Original AMD driver that you had deleted from device manager . You will see it on the drop down menu among other windows update that will be installing along with it.  
7. This installed driver will be fresh and new with no currupted files . 
8. You can check it on device manager . You will be able to find the reinstalled fresh graphic driver name (Only when it gets installed 100% through windows update )  . 
9 . Restart your PC  . After restarting . Shut down . 
10 . Start the laptop again  . There will be no blue screen . And you will never see the blue screen ever again after you turn on your laptop. 

Hope I am able to resolve the pain of many users who are facing this problem    . All the best & stay happy

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If your laptop has a AMD APU processor then you need to download the AMD Driver for your Processor which will also install the driver for the 8600M GPU card. The driver should be the same for all of the 86xx GPU cards.

But sometimes the laptop's APU AMD Processor's Integrated Graphics might be older then the Discrete GPU card in your laptop and requires an older AMD Driver for both to be compatible.

But if you have a Intel APU Processor then you need to make sure all of your Intel Drivers are the latest especially the Graphics, Chip Set, and BIOS Version. You must first update the Intel drivers before updating the AMD driver.

Also make sure Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.

But it Sounds like Windows update might be installing an incompatible AMD driver since you did a Clean Windows Installation.

I would download and install the Laptop's OEM AMD Driver first just to make sure everything is working normal again before updating the AMD driver.

If you are able to enter Windows Desktop go to Device Manager - Display and see which AMD Driver is installed for both your APU processor and GPU card. See if there are any errors.

0 Likes
nishant
Adept I

hi , 
thanks for your suggestions but i have solved this problem on my own through very simple methods .
No bios update , No 3rd party software installation , No windows reinstallation . Just follow the below steps -

THIS is for everyone whose drivers got currupted by ether incorrect driver updates or virus . And are unable to find the original drivers from manufacturers website  . This is very easy . Just follow the below steps . it will work 101%

1 -1st I went to device manager (by typing "Device manager") on the start menu . 
2 - Then I looked out for display driver list from the drop down menu (The graphic driver which is creating problems)
3 - I deleted the driver fully from the system  
4 -  then I went to the windows update section through settings on start 
5-  On the windows update section I clicked on "Check for windows update  "
6- After a few seconds you will see windows installing the Original AMD driver that you had deleted from device manager . You will see it on the drop down menu among other windows update that will be installing along with it.  
7. This installed driver will be fresh and new with no currupted files . 
8. You can check it on device manager . You will be able to find the reinstalled fresh graphic driver name (Only when it gets installed 100% through windows update )  . 
9 . Restart your PC  . After restarting . Shut down . 
10 . Start the laptop again  . There will be no blue screen . And you will never see the blue screen ever again after you turn on your laptop. 

Hope I am able to resolve the pain of many users who are facing this problem    . All the best & stay happy