Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SamuelCV
Adept I

Broken driver (vulkan) in X-Plane 11,12

Hello,

I have a significant loose of performance(20FPS) loose whitin all drivers later tha 22.6.1. For flight simulator FPS are not the major problem but if you have 15 FPL the simulator is unplayable. I thik it has something in common with vulkan itself.

Any help how to solve the problem? or the problem is on X plane side? All AMD users are revrting back to 22.5.1

Thank you

RX6800xt, 5900X processor 

4 Replies
QWERCZ1
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. Any update?

SamuelCV
Adept I

I will try 23.4.3 the newes one. It has new vulkan update not 20250 which was in force almost a year!!!

0 Likes

I tried new 23.11 but nothing changed I will probably use 22.5.2.

0 Likes
Duderocks5539
Journeyman III

I have the same problem and its quite frustrating, even with the current latest driver, 24.3.1. On the FPS data output overlay, the CPU timing is high, and my FPS struggles to get above 21 FPS. Graphics settings are where they are ideal for my 1080P focused PC running a Ryzen 5 5600 and Radeon RX 6600.

I have Steam, so XP11 launches from Steam, and I had a feeling it was either Steam running in the background causing it, or potentially any addons, but that's definitely not been the case the more I looked into it and tried troubleshooting. The Sim still ran terribly even with 0 addons.

I tried the demo for XP12, and its running as it should, easily exceeding 60+ FPS with practically all settings maxed out, so if that's the case, AMD must just have driver issues with XP11 but not XP12, but still really frustrating and I wish it can be fixed already. XP12 after all currently is $80. 

0 Likes