hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: Brand New Laptop with Ryzen 4700U Vega 10 Screen Flickers

My RTX 2080 took 8 months for drivers to stop the TDR errors etc

0 Likes
mashaal95
Adept I

Were your issues with your RTX 2080 something that other users were facing as well?

0 Likes
rvescovi
Adept I

Upgrading the PC to Windows 10 2004 reverts the graphics driver to WD 26.x.x. from a WD 27.x.x. (I replaced also Adrenaline Full with the Windows Store Light version). No flickering anymore since days also with the SVM re-enabled in the bios and WSL1 with UBUNTU too.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Some of the components in the full driver may be too demanding for a mobile user.

I tend to use a minimal driver install myself but for entirely different reasons

0 Likes
mashaal95
Adept I

So you are using the Windows provided driver, rather than the OEM or AMD driver, correct? Thinking of doing the same now, seeing your results.

0 Likes
rvescovi
Adept I

Yes, these are the driver installed during Windows 10 2004 update which are working perfect also with SVM re-enabled from BIOS

amddriver.png

0 Likes
hansh
Journeyman III

Disabling SVM in bios stopped the flickering for my system asus PN50.

0 Likes
Foysal
Journeyman III

I have also same issue.

@aidilriski wrote:

I just bought a new ASUS Zenbook 14 UX425IA that has Ryzen 4700U a few days ago. However, from the day I bought it, it already has screen flickers that happen randomly. The flickers happen only for a split of second, however it is kind of annoying. When I changed the driver to the latest AMD Graphic Driver, it actually got worse, with screen flickers happening even more often and sometimes the screen still has garbage leftovers from the previous frames, or for a split of second, half of the screen blinks white. I believe this is a driver issue since the laptop is new and when I changed the driver to the latest, it actually got worse.

Currently I am using the driver provided in this link https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-ryzen-mobile-4000 Though the flickers still happen, just a little bit better than the latest driver.

Does anyone know the fix or is it really a driver issue?

0 Likes
leonliu
Journeyman III

For my ASUS pn50, updating latest BIOS 0611 and Radeon driver 20.11.2 fix screen flicker issue.

0 Likes