Black screen while playing games. Rx 6800 Xt

Hi.

I built a new PC a month ago.

Processor:Intel 12700kf (12gen)

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 gaming XAX 

GPU:powercolor Rx 6800 Xt red devil.

PSU:Corsair RM 850e 

RAM: 2x16 Corsair vengeance rgb DDR5 6200 MHz

Everything was fine with the PC until a day ago where i was playing a random game with no heavy toll on the GPU. Suddenly screen went black. The sound of the game was still playing but i could not alt+tab so i hard reset the PC. 

When it power up again my display was on low resolution. I went in device manager and the card icon was with an arrow pointing downwards. I reinstalled the card from the manger and then it got an exclamation mark. I got a message from the AMD software "AMD display driver has failed to load on your system".

My driver's were up to date but i reinstalled everything from scratch just to be sure. I got rid of old drivers, i deleted c:/ Amd folder and did a fresh one. It worked and my resolution went back to 1080p. I restarted the PC and then i tried to play God of war which was heavier. 

Played for 5 minutes and i got the black screen again. I did the same thing ( delete drivers, fresh install) and the problem fixed itself.

I launched again God of war and after 6 minutes it happened again.

When the black screen occurs the leds on my card are operational and the sound plays but sometimes it stutters. 

The temp is always 50 when idle and around 70-80 when on full load.

I also have a second screen but it is really old( 15years) but until today i had no problem running both screens.

I have a single cable split in 2 from PSU to card and i use a display port from GPU to my screen.

I have seen a lot of posts here and i am worried because it wasn't cheap to buy. 

I am not an expert regarding IT and i could really appreciate all the help i can get. 

Should I return it back? 

Thank you.

0 Likes
0 Replies